Turboed MP5's rule

I have a manual p5 of course, who would want an automatic ha ha. anyway I'm probably gona buy the highboost kit when I get back from iraq. but I honestly don't know how to do all the adjustments to the fuel maps and boost up the psi, my friends know but still. how much is that haltech computer and when is it on the internet, I'd like to check it out. as for the stock MSP turbo... no thanks.

I have a manual p5 of course, who would want an automatic ha ha. anyway I'm probably gona buy the highboost kit when I get back from iraq. but I honestly don't know how to do all the adjustments to the fuel maps and boost up the psi, my friends know but still. how much is that haltech computer and when is it on the internet, I'd like to check it out. as for the stock MSP turbo... no thanks.
There is nothing wrong with auto-sport P5's...not everyones trying to go turbo because i dont think anyone bought a p5 for the power and speed or the intention of turn'n it...Those p5 with turbos I believe they got tired of it jist lookin good and longed for more power:)

I was just kidding about the auto trans, I used to have a automatic 89 dodge aries LOL as for the turbo I just wana go fast...er lol plus I like to work on cars its fun

juan told me he was running a lot of kits on 626's in south america for yrs, trouble free!:)

Power was the only thing the P5 was lacking and left to do. I was very hesitant about dumping $4000 for a turbo kit and clutch. That was really just the beginning though.

Now I have 12psi with a J&S Safeguard and upwards of 260+/- torque. Just don't expect the $4000 to be the end! Built block next income tax!! That will be a total investment of around $24000+car!!! Definately didn't plan that!

I can hang with the big dogs though!!!

There is nothing wrong with auto-sport P5's...not everyones trying to go turbo because i dont think anyone bought a p5 for the power and speed or the intention of turn'n it...Those p5 with turbos I believe they got tired of it jist lookin good and longed for more power:)

Power was the only thing the P5 was lacking and left to do. I was very hesitant about dumping $4000 for a turbo kit and clutch. That was really just the beginning though.

Now I have 12psi with a J&S Safeguard and upwards of 260+/- torque. Just don't expect the $4000 to be the end! Built block next income tax!! That will be a total investment of around $24000+car!!! Definately didn't plan that!

(alright)

Maybe all these stories will inspire someone still NA to buy my first gen turbo/downpipe. It'd be a great starting point for someone wanting to turbo their P5. :D

+1 one, you pretty much said it all. With turbo, the P5 has it all (well minus, awd but that's another story (eek2)) - good looks, good handling, and even with my modest ~190 whp, good speed.

allrighty guys. I have been waiting to dive into this one. I have a stock P5 motor hanging from a hoist in my garage. It has 80xxx miles on it. Needs a head gasket. Should i tear it open, bore it .20 over, decrease the comp. ratio, intall forged internals? Or, should i replace the gasket and seals, and just boost the stock setup?. Install on either will be a breeze since it is on the hoist......

allrighty guys. I have been waiting to dive into this one. I have a stock P5 motor hanging from a hoist in my garage. It has 80xxx miles on it. Needs a head gasket. Should i tear it open, bore it .20 over, decrease the comp. ratio, intall forged internals? Or, should i replace the gasket and seals, and just boost the stock setup?. Install on either will be a breeze since it is on the hoist......
If you've got the money, for forged! If you only are going to boost under 10 psi you can keep the stock compression ratio, bore and all and not need engine management (if going with MSP setup + MSP ECU). I really wish I had the money for the peace of mind a forged engine will bring...

BTW, i have a stage II clutch, lightweight flywheel, and all AWR mounts installed right now in the car.....

If you've got the money, for forged! If you only are going to boost under 10 psi you can keep the stock compression ratio, bore and all and not need engine management (if going with MSP setup + MSP ECU). I really wish I had the money for the peace of mind a forged engine will bring...

Thats what student loans are for, right? (friday)

Back