Turboed MP5's rule

When you say can't move. My P5-T will fall on it's face since I removed my VTCS if I don't let it run for a couple of minutes first. Just a long shot but worth mentioning if this is something you have just done. I know you just got your turbo running.

Kansei said:
I'm thinkin either I have too much oil in right now or that 10w30 is never a good idea here.. even when it was 60ish and I started it, the pressure was like that.

I have 4 quarts in right now.. stock oil pan, V6 626 filter.. wasn't the stock stock amount 3.7 quarts? or was it 3.4?

I'm not at all over F on the dipstick, it's not even quite at the F last I checked.

4 quarts of 5w-30 is what i have in there now. when i get my car back its time for an oil change

shane02pro5 said:
When you say can't move. My P5-T will fall on it's face since I removed my VTCS if I don't let it run for a couple of minutes first. Just a long shot but worth mentioning if this is something you have just done. I know you just got your turbo running.

I think he means that. If he tries to drive the car while cold the Oil Press goes up to over 100PSI. This is really bad cause a lot of oil seals in the car can take this kinda pressure. One very important seal that tends to go at high pressure is the oil seals on the turbo. So... I think he could drive it, but wont cause of the risk.

Yeah I do have the VTCS removed, and had done it a few months before turboing the car. VTCS is just there to get the engine to warm up faster, it hurts performance quite a bit while it is active (when you see the butterfly valves and how much they restrict when closed you know right away).. but yeah, the car ran a-ok totally fine with VTCS removed.

When I do all the work on my car (ugh it's 20 degrees this whole weekend but oh well I have a long weekend so I might as well make use of it by doing some car work and a ton of homework) soon I'll have to poke around a bit. I'll check and make sure I don't somehow have too much oil (even though plenty of people say 4 quarts with the V6 626 filter is fine), maybe drain a little (still above the low mark on the dipstick of course) and see if it makes it better. I know my PCV (supercharged millenia pcv) is letting out a ton of oil so eventually my oil level will be low enough that it won't be an issue anymore haha. Wish there was a better solution than the 100+ dollar "krank vent" things for our PCV system...

I still <3 my turbo p5 though. Since it was frigid this morning I hit 8psi @ 2300rpm in 2nd gear and well let's just say I wasn't really going anywhere.. wheel spin ftw haha.

Kansei said:
Yeah I do have the VTCS removed, and had done it a few months before turboing the car. VTCS is just there to get the engine to warm up faster, it hurts performance quite a bit while it is active (when you see the butterfly valves and how much they restrict when closed you know right away).. but yeah, the car ran a-ok totally fine with VTCS removed.

When I do all the work on my car (ugh it's 20 degrees this whole weekend but oh well I have a long weekend so I might as well make use of it by doing some car work and a ton of homework) soon I'll have to poke around a bit. I'll check and make sure I don't somehow have too much oil (even though plenty of people say 4 quarts with the V6 626 filter is fine), maybe drain a little (still above the low mark on the dipstick of course) and see if it makes it better. I know my PCV (supercharged millenia pcv) is letting out a ton of oil so eventually my oil level will be low enough that it won't be an issue anymore haha. Wish there was a better solution than the 100+ dollar "krank vent" things for our PCV system...

I still <3 my turbo p5 though. Since it was frigid this morning I hit 8psi @ 2300rpm in 2nd gear and well let's just say I wasn't really going anywhere.. wheel spin ftw haha.

I miss my car, i want to drive it, kinda of getting tired of driving the mustang

the only thing its good for is peelin tires lol don't get me wrong the 6 cylinders have a lot of power but the handling feels so sluggish and unresponsive. 200 HP ftl when it comes to a car I can't handle.

I prefer my 160-180 HP protg anyday ty

So what are you guys doing for PCV and oil catch can setups? I have the supercharged millenia PCV valve but it uh.. definitely lets out a lot of oil. My crankcase vent hose is totally dry, but the PCV stuff is nasty. Are those Krank Vents the only real solution? A catch can would prevent the oil from getting into the intake manifold and combustion chamber, but there would still be oil consumption so I'd have to keep an eye on the oil level all the time (no big deal) and have extra oil in the car all the time (meh). Or I could dump the oil from the catch can back into the car :p

I read through this and don't see how this wouldn't work for us too: http://cjsupra.kendra.com/PCV-Can.html

Matthew1785 said:
Was on the expressway tonight, had some time to mess with the car now that the CEL's are gone, all i can say is having a Turbo'ed MP5 is a blast im glad i invested into this extra power, 3rd gear from 40-80 holy s***! 4th gear from 80 on out i hold a steady 5 PSI. I was on my way home from the mall and this Impala SS tried to pass me, not to mention he was riding my ass, he pulled next to me you could tell he was giving everything it got, i was only at partial throttle, just push down a little more, i was gone he followed me the whole way off the expressway and did a ricer fly by, it was cute.

All i can say is if you decide to turbo your MP5 be careful with the newfound power.

hey man where did you get the turbo kit from? why are you only using 5 psi? why not go 10? anyway get back to me about where you got the kit from.

Waldo84 said:
hey man where did you get the turbo kit from? why are you only using 5 psi? why not go 10? anyway get back to me about where you got the kit from.
I believe he has a Spool kit which are no longer being made - you'd have to find someone selling a sed kit. Most of us run MSP setups as they're usually easier to come by and have pretty much zero fitment issues. There are two reasons he is not running 10 psi. The first being that most likely our engines would blow up with that kind of boost without some sort of engine management. The second being the fact that he has an automatic which have been proven to be unreliable at higher boost levels. Hope that helps.

magnumP5 said:
I believe he has a Spool kit which are no longer being made - you'd have to find someone selling a sed kit. Most of us run MSP setups as they're usually easier to come by and have pretty much zero fitment issues. There are two reasons he is not running 10 psi. The first being that most likely our engines would blow up with that kind of boost without some sort of engine management. The second being the fact that he has an automatic which have been proven to be unreliable at higher boost levels. Hope that helps.

well your partially right about the spool kit, I don't have the mani anymore, I bought an OBX T3 tubular mani because the spool ended up cracking, the only thing spool about the kit is the turbo.

as for pushing 10 psi, tell ya what I will push 10 psi and yo buy me a new built engne after I blow mine up, along with a lentech built tranny. that way I can blame my stupidity on you. j/k no but serious 10 psi w/out EMS = BOOM

Matthew1785 said:
well your partially right about the spool kit, I don't have the mani anymore, I bought an OBX T3 tubular mani because the spool ended up cracking, the only thing spool about the kit is the turbo.

as for pushing 10 psi, tell ya what I will push 10 psi and yo buy me a new built engne after I blow mine up, along with a lentech built tranny. that way I can blame my stupidity on you. j/k no but serious 10 psi w/out EMS = BOOM

hell even no psi = boom. rednecks_r_us blew his engine w/just some minor n/a mods at 80k miles or so.

bradicus18 said:
Out of curiosity, which part number?

No clue.. bought it through Ken :)

I don't think it does anything though..I get blowby like crazy with it, and it's made for forced induction applications durr

Kansei said:
No clue.. bought it through Ken :)

I don't think it does anything though..I get blowby like crazy with it, and it's made for forced induction applications durr

i would check the part number. je26 is what you want and i know many people are running around with the je96 which is for the 929 and mpv only.

For some reason I do think mine is the JE96.. I'll see if I have any pics since I'm parked literally a mile away from where I'm "studying" right now.

About how much more $ do you guys thing I would have to spend if I installed the HiBoost kit? Also does anyone know of a decent reliable garage to do the install in the Philly area? I am in Iraq right now and I want to have it all installed by the time I get back. Thanks!

If you were to do the install yourself, I'd estimate $1000 on top of whatever price you pay hiboost for their kit to get up and running and have it done at least sorta right... and that's not for defi gauges or anything, cheap prosport stuff and a wideband.

Back