Turboed MP5's rule

Was on the expressway tonight, had some time to mess with the car now that the CEL's are gone, all i can say is having a Turbo'ed MP5 is a blast im glad i invested into this extra power, 3rd gear from 40-80 holy s***! 4th gear from 80 on out i hold a steady 5 PSI. I was on my way home from the mall and this Impala SS tried to pass me, not to mention he was riding my ass, he pulled next to me you could tell he was giving everything it got, i was only at partial throttle, just push down a little more, i was gone he followed me the whole way off the expressway and did a ricer fly by, it was cute.

All i can say is if you decide to turbo your MP5 be careful with the newfound power.

Oh boy, don't have TOO much fun. My parts should be in next week so I'm hoping to be joining the club soon!!

bradicus18 said:
Oh boy, don't have TOO much fun. My parts should be in next week so I'm hoping to be joining the club soon!!

i havent had a chance TOO have fun. this was the first time in weeks since i've been on the expressway, i need to get a P&P IM and a catless midpipe and a MPI and i could probably squeeze another 20-30hp out of it. on 4/7/07 the mazda team of illinois were going to get together and get some dyno runs so i will post results when that day comes

All this raving for turbo'd P5's makes me want to do this in the future if I still have my car. I just have one question though: Why, Mazda, why did u not turbo the P5 from the factory?

Threads like these kinda make me wish I had kept my P5 and did the turbo dance... Oh well, yay for turboed wagons!

I haven't had a chance to do a flyby yet. I have been waiting for a ricer to come up beside me when I am cruising on the two lane state highway near my house. I will show them what the 'peeling banana' is all about. lol.

Matthew1785 said:
i havent had a chance TOO have fun. this was the first time in weeks since i've been on the expressway, i need to get a P&P IM and a catless midpipe and a MPI and i could probably squeeze another 20-30hp out of it. on 4/7/07 the mazda team of illinois were going to get together and get some dyno runs so i will post results when that day comes

Im selling my MPI for cheap, and my exhaust?! Also Congrats on the cars new power. I know I FREAKED when I first did a second gear role. Thought the car was gonna explode. I made REALLY good power at 5PSI too. If you get it tuned and have all the supporting mods then you should be set.

avarela86 said:
Im selling my MPI for cheap, and my exhaust?! Also Congrats on the cars new power. I know I FREAKED when I first did a second gear role. Thought the car was gonna explode. I made REALLY good power at 5PSI too. If you get it tuned and have all the supporting mods then you should be set.

Thanks. Its fun, in a few weeks the boost is going to be upped a little more and were going to leave it at that for now.

No fair, I've been turbo'd since early January and no one has tried to mess with me yet. I did goof around with a last-gen Si but he wasn't a jerk or anything at all and I didn't really punch it (enough throttle in 5th to stay even with him)... sigh...

magnumP5 said:
No fair, I've been turbo'd since early January and no one has tried to mess with me yet. I did goof around with a last-gen Si but he wasn't a jerk or anything at all and I didn't really punch it (enough throttle in 5th to stay even with him)... sigh...

what are you boosted at?

Matthew1785 said:
what are you boosted at?
about 7 psi with the MSP GT25R - I'm putting down about 188 whp with all my mods. I would have had no problem taking out the Si but it was in broad daylight on I-81 and I had some placeI needed to be. There were no other cars around but we still ended up doing one 70-110 mph pull. I stayed in 5th the entire time (not at full throttle!) just wanting to see if I could easily keep up.

Back