Trying to convince the Mrs.

AJsMSP

:
2013 Mazdaspeed 3
Wanting to get an MS3. I have been away from these forums for about two years, so I thought I would come back to vent. I have previously had a '07 MS6 before the wife backed into it and bent the front frame. I have also had a '03.5 MSP as well. So I decided to try to go pedestrian and get a '09 Honda Accord,(4cyl. 5A) after the MS6 incident. My thinking was to try and get a nice family car, that gets decent gas mileage. Well turns out I have hated that decision ever since I bought the car. So now I am trying to convince the wife that I should ditch the Honda, and get an MS3. I miss driving a manual, plus having a hatchback would be a plus in my book. I even still have an Injen CAI from my MS6 that I could throw right into the MS3!! Anyway, sorry for the rant. It seems I always keep coming back to Mazda. Weird huh?

I keep dropping hints, like leaving the C&D mag open to the Speed 3 40,000 mile follow up to there long term article. Leaving the Mazdaspeed 3 page up on the computer. I figure I'll let it sink in for a while, then pounce. Don't want to wait too long, I would like to enjoy it before the snow starts to fly again.

take her out to dinner, and on the way, drive past the mazda dealer and ask if she wants to take a quick test drive ;) then, talk about the car over dinner.

take her out to dinner, and on the way, drive past the mazda dealer and ask if she wants to take a quick test drive ;) then, talk about the car over dinner.

Hmm...i might go a step further.

Suggest a test drive, then if she says "no" slip her a roofie and when she comes to in the passenger seat of the Ms3 you just bought you can tell her that she passed out from the ruthless negotiations she did in ordr to get a good deal on the car

cant wait to fight over a car that i want with my wife in my future....(not)

Whatever tactics u used with ur parents for ur first car is probably gonna work lol

What I usually do is keep dropping hints and nagging her about it until she breaks....oh and she will break. I'm hoping.

Nothing yet, I have a feeling it's going to take until the end of summer. But we will see. I'm trying to come up with some good arguments as to why I should have this car. I have a few good reasons....it's a hatchback (more room for stuff), power (she has a V6 Rav4, she says she will never have anything underpowered again), manual trans (not really a selling point for her, but she knows how to drive a stick). She hates driving my current car as much as I do, which is maybe a couple times a year. And the major sticking point would be the roll over for the current car (not really helping my case either, plus we have no money to put down on it).

Hopefully you went and got your car buddy!!! my situation was similar until you get to the convincing part....I work hard and deserve to be happy with what I drive...end of story!

i was in the same boat lol. i had a cobalt ss turbo fully bolted on, and i have always been a fan of the ms3's. i had to change up vehicles because of a baby and i mentioned the ms3 and she says, your going to have a child you dont need a sports car. so after a month of looking i said screw it, went one saturday to the dealer ship, they took my offer and i drove home with a 2010 silver ms3 lol. now she was pissed but let me tell you she gets on my nerve now because she asks me can i drive yours to work lol. its funny how women are. good luck

I bought my wife a 2011 dolphin gray CX9 and while we were waiting for the paperwork, I test drove a 2012 ms3 and bought it a few minutes later. She was so happy with the cx9, she actually encouraged me to buy the ms3.

I bought my wife a 2011 dolphin gray CX9 and while we were waiting for the paperwork, I test drove a 2012 ms3 and bought it a few minutes later. She was so happy with the cx9, she actually encouraged me to buy the ms3.

^ That's the way to do it!

I'm back!! Picking up my 2013 MS3 today at noon!! Best thing? No more Mrs. to have to convince! (Divorce)

Back