tokico struts

Just wondering for those using the blues with eibachs, how long have you been running your setup. had mine for about 35,000 and I believe my struts have blown. Just curious thats all.

aMaff, i just get a hard clunking noise from the rear whenever i hit a bump or hump. I had the car check out and nothing is loose, i have the clunk fix brackets and its not that nor the bar. So whatevers left is the strut. Now if its blown or maybe the rubber mounts i'm not exactly sure. I have no evidence of fluid but didn't really get in there. But the clunk has been progressively getting worse.

I love my Illuminas and would never change them for the blues. Trust me if you like it soft sometimes go with the illuminas. Although for the Sedan it is more of a pain than for the P5

I personally don't see why you would want to go with the luminas. Yes thay are adjustible but have you seen what you have to do to adjust them once they are installed? They don't lower the car and more then likely you'll end up keeping them on the middle setting like most people do. Do your self a favor and save some cash, get the blues.

Depends on preference. I normally keep my illuminas at 5/5. I like my ride stiff :D. Another importaint thing to consider is you can change the front/rear stiffness to adjust the handling characteristics to your liking.

Have you tried lubing the bushings? even w/ the brackets, if the sway bar bushings aren't lubed sufficiently, ppl have complained of noise

^^ yeah I'll second that. Mine finally started making noise (when putting the car at weird angles, like entering my driveway) because I haven't lubed it since December.

If your struts are blown, don't they have a lifetime warranty?

that's a good interval.. I was doign it every oil change but then I've just been too busy to the last few times.

Thank you guys, yeah lifted the car and found that my driver side rear was blown, has a light oily film and some dirt on the strut right where the piston is. all the other ones are dry and clean. Yeah I know about the bushings needing to be lube i usually do that and they are starting to squeak a little but the noise i was hearing was a hard clunking sound and I bought the axr clunk fix to elimate that bar from clunking. Unfortunately due to lack of funds, i'm just goin to fix the one right now and hopefully down the road get some cash and upgrade. Thanks for the help everyone.

Hughes412 said:
Glad to be of help. And just to let you know, to adjust the rears you have to pull apart the rear deck and remove the seatbelt so you can get to the noob on top of the strut. It's not hard, but it is a pain. That's why Im going with the blues also.
That's no hassle at all to just pop off the top cap & give it a twist & done. The major difference would be price & adjustability.

Kansei thank you for the number i'll give that a try, today just got the new strut put in and I still have the clunk but not as bad. Any more suggestions on where the clunk might be coming from I check all bolts are tight and nothing is loose so i'm really just dumb founded. Someone at the shop is giving me a number to a suspesion shop to see if they can figure it out but any help or ideas to isolate this problem would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Back