tokico struts

Huascar82

:
2006 Mazda 6 MPS GT
I was looking at NSN Motorsports cause they sell the RB catback for cheap and found they have the tokico struts as well. Compared to the blues being sold at protegegarage and the ones that NSN sells, pro.garage has them for for 5 cheaper, but then both also have the illuminas and yet there is a large price difference in them, does anyone know why? are they different struts or what? Cause if are the same I might go with the illuminas from NSN.

Oh and also, do both illuminas and blues come with that extra soldered piece for the endlinks?

Like I mentioned dude, 15% STIFFER, plus your drop right?

I also run 45 psi and u feel EVERY bump

and the tabs are welded fine for aftermarket AWR links, I'm sure the stockers can't break em

Last edited:
Robot Romeo said:
not much of a difference, $16. go with protegegarage.

Not much? I say about $74 difference, if you add them together. $18.50 per strut but 74 is a pretty good difference when all together.

Last edited:
DE31 said:
actually autornd.com sells them for even less.

http://www.autornd.com/catalog/prod...=8364&osCsid=b5ab0405d6fe8fc3350f5f9dadec9760

says its for protege5, is there any difference?

No, I think they are the same for sedan and p5. But you are talking about the blues and I was asking about the illuminas.
That site is confusing when it comes to pricing, if you look at the top left corner, its the price per strut and then when you want all 4 you need to add the price per strut to the price shown on the pull down menu. Once you add to cart you'll see the full price, and the illuminas are to expensive there. Blues are a few dollars cheaper then on both protegegarage and nsn.

Havent decided which to go with, but if I choose blues then I'll stick to protegegarage and buy the struts and swaybar together.

Hey Cap, if you could guarantee me a price of 475 for all 4 illumina struts (same as NSN) I'd be willing to buy them from you, that way I kill 2 birds with 1 stone (AWR bar). But either way I dont plan on purchasing anything for another month or so. but like I said, give me the struts at 475 and I'll go with you for both.

I personally don't see why you would want to go with the luminas. Yes thay are adjustible but have you seen what you have to do to adjust them once they are installed? They don't lower the car and more then likely you'll end up keeping them on the middle setting like most people do. Do your self a favor and save some cash, get the blues.

well, I havent fully decided what to get, and that was a question I kept forgetting, how hard was it to change settings, and you are right, most likely I'm not gonna be changing settings often, since I'm not a racer or anything like that. You have convinced me hughes, I'll take the blues.

Capt. expect a new client in about a month (I hope)

Glad to be of help. And just to let you know, to adjust the rears you have to pull apart the rear deck and remove the seatbelt so you can get to the noob on top of the strut. It's not hard, but it is a pain. That's why Im going with the blues also.

Huascar82 said:
Not much? I say about $74 difference, if you add them together. $18.50 per strut but 74 is a pretty good difference when all together.

wow. my math was off a little. whoops. (boom07)

Hughes412 said:
Glad to be of help. And just to let you know, to adjust the rears you have to pull apart the rear deck and remove the seatbelt so you can get to the noob on top of the strut. It's not hard, but it is a pain. That's why Im going with the blues also.

Wow didn't know that. That totally sucks. ow. I'm very happy with my blues, just put my trunk together and returned the spring compressors today. :)

Back