TL Type-S wheels

steronz

:
'09 Mazda5
Freshly lowered on H&R Sports with ebay rear camber arms. TL-S wheels are 17x8 +45, these tires are OEM size for a TL-S (235s). It's a lot of meat to cram under there, but so far I've only rubbed once, on the rear, over a drainage ditch that I hit too fast. I'll probably want to roll the rears at some point. Oh, and if anyone gets any ideas, you need to have the center bores enlarged on these, and you need to get some OEM Honda lug nuts because Honda/Acura wheels use spherical seats instead of 45* acorn seats. I'm using OEM S2000 CR black lug nuts with locks. I've got a set (5) of the Mazda nuts in the back with the spare tire and a 19mm lug wrench as well. Crossing brands can get complicated.

mazda3.jpg

mazda4.jpg

mazda5.jpg

Damn...that is hawt!!! I wanted these for my P5 and was willing to get them bored out but the width and offset were a little too aggressive for me to run as a dd.

Nice!!!!
I was thinking to put TL wheel on mine too before. I was thinking to get regular TL wheels not the Type-S like yours.
Is that the park in Riverside Drive? I live close to Columbus also.
You need this tool to roll the fender. I seen one before from harbor freight for around $80 but they are no longer available.

lol, small world. Yeah, I pulled into the Griggs Reservoir entrance off Riverside. I'm amazed you could recognize that from a few crummy pictures :)

Last edited:
lol, small world. Yeah, I pulled into the Griggs Reservoir entrance off Riverside. I'm amazed you could recognize that from a few crummy pictures :)

I been there a few times that is why I know. Notice the picture looks familiar and the notice your location. I live North west of Columbus close to Marysville.

Where did you get the hub bored? How much does it cost if you don't mind? Does the stock front camber could be adjusted enough?

A place called Clifford Automotive downtown. They charged me $40 per wheel, but then just $10 per wheel for mounting and balancing, so it worked out to be pretty cheap. Nothing fancy, they just threw the wheels up on a lathe and then eyeballed it. Wheel Medic just north of downtown was going to make a template for their giant lathe and would probably have been more precise for an extra $10/wheel. I didn't mess with the front camber and I haven't been able to get the wheels to rub no matter how hard I corner, so I'm hoping I'm good.

Kick-ass(evil) I almost did the same thing about a month ago. A guy local to me was selling these same wheels and I damn near pulled the trigger on them. He wanted $750 for the set w/tires and wouldn't budge. If he woulda taken just a little less, they would be on my 5. .Oh well, I like the MR7's I have now...

Very nice! They look good on the car.

It sounds like you have new tires mounted/balance on them on the cheap. I am curious to know if you experience any vibration issues at high speed. Thanks.

Back