Time to have my own Turbo Build Thread

Ok... I doubt Cullen can go down too much on the price of an RS, but let me try to sell the monster I have and see what I can get for it.
The wastegate was purchased from Cullen, you say he'll take it back?

Does the GT25R have different oil feed and return fittings?
What about the coolant fittings? (Well I havent bought those yet)

GMalatrasi said:
Ok... I doubt Cullen can go down too much on the price of an RS, but let me try to sell the monster I have and see what I can get for it.
The wastegate was purchased from Cullen, you say he'll take it back?

Does the GT25R have different oil feed and return fittings?
What about the coolant fittings? (Well I havent bought those yet)

Your right, he wont be able to take hundreds off, but any discount is good at this point.

Yup, Cullen will take it back no problem. You just have to pay shipping back to him. He will give you store credit for the purchase price, and he won't take any restocking or anything like that out.

Ok how much would you estimate (you wont be held liable for this estimate)
he would sell it for?
At Himni they have it at $1,038.90

PS which A/R would be the best for me?

yashart (8:19:52 PM): yo buddy
yashart (8:20:09 PM): i dont know if you sent back the dvi cable or not
yashart (8:20:15 PM): so I'll just mail you a bunch of them
**********Cullen (8:20:22 PM): u have them therE>?
**********Cullen (8:20:28 PM): i only need 1 if that cool
**********Cullen (8:20:35 PM): i have 1 here already
yashart (8:20:58 PM): i have them at work
yashart (8:21:02 PM): like 100 of them
**********Cullen (8:20:43 PM): lol, sweet
yashart (8:21:25 PM): hey, im sending business your way
yashart (8:21:30 PM): guy needs a gt28rs
**********Cullen (8:21:07 PM): what ya got?
**********Cullen (8:21:11 PM): easy
yashart (8:21:52 PM): he purchased a external wastegate from you
yashart (8:21:59 PM): but turns out he wont need it
yashart (8:22:10 PM): i told him to send it back to you, full refund him and take care of him
**********Cullen (8:23:01 PM): whats his name?
yashart (8:24:54 PM): Gianpaolo Malatrasi ?
yashart (8:24:59 PM): He's from Florida
**********Cullen (8:25:26 PM): yes, sounds familiar
yashart (8:26:23 PM): He purchased a crazy turbo setup that's way overkill
yashart (8:26:38 PM): if you can get a gt28rs or even the stock msp turbo, that'd be great
**********Cullen (8:26:44 PM): simple
yashart (8:29:07 PM): great, thanks
**********Cullen (8:29:18 PM): np

GMalatrasi said:
PS which A/R would be the best for me?

The T2 flange only comes in .64 and .86 . The other sizes are for a T3 flanged turbo.

What are your plans for the car (daily driver or track)? Do you plan on building the bottom end? What are you using for fuel/tuning? And lastly, realisticly what kind of HP do you want to make?

Dude you are my new best friend!!!!.........(Sorry Kansei)
Thanks so much.

One more question:
If the GT25R is just like the 28RS in the oil and coolant fittings, wouldn't that be better for me???
It's cheaper
I'd have to get/make an adapter for the compressor outlet, but no biggie.

yashart_mp3 said:
The T2 flange only comes in .64 and .86 . The other sizes are for a T3 flanged turbo.

What are your plans for the car (daily driver or track)? Do you plan on building the bottom end? What are you using for fuel/tuning? And lastly, realisticly what kind of HP do you want to make?

- It's my daily driver
- I dont want to have to do internals, I might later but I dont want to have to do it.
- I have the MPI for management if that's what u meant by fuel and timing.
- HP wise: I just want to feel more, I dunno, I want to have to hold my neck a lil tighter when I get on the gas. No more than 5-6psi cause I have an auto (which I'll also have to beef up later)... So the answer is: 150-160whp.

GMalatrasi said:
Dude you are my new best friend!!!!.........(Sorry Kansei)
Thanks so much.

One more question:
If the GT25R is just like the 28RS in the oil and coolant fittings, wouldn't that be better for me???
It's cheaper
I'd have to get/make an adapter for the compressor outlet, but no biggie.

No problem man, Im just glad to have caught this before it was too late :)

Yup, the gt25r would be better for you. It is the closest match to the stock MSP turbo.

*** edit
Gt2554r is the stock MSP turbo.
gt2560r is really a gt28r
- either one will do

You can purchase adapters here:
Outlet:http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...OD&Product_Code=ATP-FLA-011&Category_Code=FLA
Inlet: http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...OD&Product_Code=ATP-FLA-012&Category_Code=FLA

What are you running in your MSP?

PS: could you relay the new 1st choice to Cullen next time you have a chance?
Thanks again
BTW what's your name if you dont mind me asking?

Last edited:
Why in the hell is the GT2860RS called disco potato?

Gianpaolo....I've followed this thread closely and appreciate the information that has been provided. It's threads/builds like this and Kansei's (Chris) that make this forum a real community. I wish you the best of luck. I have made plans and bought a few items in preparation of my turbo build. Kudos to yashart and max too.

Dave.

Last edited:
GMalatrasi said:
- It's my daily driver
- I dont want to have to do internals, I might later but I dont want to have to do it.
- I have the MPI for management if that's what u meant by fuel and timing.
- HP wise: I just want to feel more, I dunno, I want to have to hold my neck a lil tighter when I get on the gas. No more than 5-6psi cause I have an auto (which I'll also have to beef up later)... So the answer is: 150-160whp.

Then the gt2554r is perfect for you!

dave45090 said:
Why in the hell is the GT2860RS called disco potato?

Gianpaolo....I've followed this thread closely and appreciate the information that has been provided. It's threads/builds like this and Kansei's (Chris) that make this forum a real community. I wish you the best of luck. I have made plans and bought a few items in preparation of my turbo build. Kudos to yashart and max too.

Dave.

Thanks Dave... Good luck to you too, and dont make the same type of mistake I made.

PS: No clue about the nick name.

The original disco potato was not the turbo, but actually a car. It was the name of the car that they put the turbo on. It got its name because of it's funky disco camealeon paint job. If you go to sr20forum.com and search "rob cadle" or "disco potato" you will find out more about it. It was really popular topic about 3-4 years ago.

I will let Cullen right away! and im running the stock turbo right now, but have much bigger plans...

Oh, and my name is Yashar :)

Last edited:
OK thanks...

I have to stop worrying over this now and start doing some reports for school that I'm behind in.

Thanks everyone... I'll keep you updated.

Thank you Yashar....most helpful (rei)

yashart_mp3 said:
The original disco potato was not the turbo, but actually a car. It was the name of the car that they put the turbo on. It got its name because of it's funky disco camealeon paint job. If you go to sr20forum.com and search "rob cadle" or "disco potato" you will find out more about it. It was really popular topic about 3-4 years ago.

I will let Cullen right away! and im running the stock turbo right now, but have much bigger plans...

Oh, and my name is Yashar :)

Back