Time to have my own Turbo Build Thread

GMalatrasi

:
2003 Mazda Proteg5, soon to be Turbo
It's time for me to make my own "Turbo Build Thread" since the planned install date is fast approaching.

Here's the list so far: (Feel free to suggest items)

Purchased:
Item Price Vendor​
  1. Turbo, Mani, etc $750.00 virral_override
  2. Wastegate $215.00 **********
  3. MPI Tuner $415.00 nealric
  4. BPV adapter $40.00 Daytona Tool & Die
  5. FMIC + Piping $1,000.00 jomoyo069
  6. Gauges Boost & Oil Temp $100.00 Prosport
  7. MBC $60.00 boostsciences
  8. Check Valve + clamps $17.00 onlinemazdaparts
  9. O2 bung x2 $23.32 Action Performance
  10. Oil Drain Flange $21.00 Function 7
  11. Oil Feed $42.00 stealthmodperformance
Purchaced Total: $2,520.00

Still to Purchase:
Item Price
  1. Tranny Cooler $70.00
  2. 10AN Oil Pan Bung $??? Does anyone know where to get this??
  3. S/J pipe $30.00+
  4. Gauge pod $29.95
  5. Oil Cooler $50.00+-
  6. Wideband $280.00
  7. Slim Fans $65.00
  8. PCV Valve $24.05
  9. 2-14mm banjo fitting $16.50
  10. Restricted Oil Feed Fitting$12.00

To Be Purchaced Total: $577.50+

Expected Total: $3,097.50

Last edited:
All you guys that offered to help, could you make a list with:
  1. Your name
  2. AIM
  3. When during the week you're available to help

*subs* my MAM sleeper kit will be going in 3-4 weeks from now.

Goodluck with the install. I can imagine how excited you are. If I was in the area I'd be more than happy to help, but a few thousand miles stops that from happening lol.

I would love for Kansei to fly down to help since he just went through it... But I doubt he'll be too interented in that idea, specially after dealing with his accident.

PM sent khaosman.

thanks reynoldsrobbie... I already have the hose, although it's not 18" it's more like 12"-14". So if I do need the 18" i'll let you know.

once you are up and running I can send you a base map for you to tune with done by Bigg Tim... PM me when you are ready.

You can sent it whenever u want I already have the program in my computer...
Actually I already had the MPI installed in the car but I had a couple issues and had to take it off.

GMalatrasi said:
I would love for Kansei to fly down to help since he just went through it... But I doubt he'll be too interented in that idea, specially after dealing with his accident.

I'd love to, it's TWO DEGREES (fahrenheit) outside right now :'(

it's my spring break and it's so cold that the road salt can't melt the snow that fell today bah (yupnope)

good luck on the install! It's a whole lot of fun, a whole lot of blood/sweat, and above all, a great learning process.

You could always extend your spring break by a week and stay with me while we finish it... LOL

BTW how's ur car doing?

Pics as per request

DSCF0884.jpg

DSCF0882.jpg

DSCF0819.jpg

DSCF0820.jpg

DSCF0803.jpg

More later...

Last edited:
rats I can't see the pics at work. I haven't seen my car or called the body shop since Saturday, I'm guessing everything is on schedule.

I don't know if most body shops are set up like this, but where my car is each guy has his own section of the garage (a bay that is deep enough for three cars) and one person handles the car throughout the process. The guy doing my car finished up an impreza wagon last friday so now he's getting my car finished. If it's going on schedule, today the fender and hood should be fitted and it'll go back into paint.. the bumper should be painted by now too. I think I might stop in during my lunch break today.

GMalatrasi said:
DSCF0803.jpg

More later...

Holy cowballs!! Have fun with that.

I hate all you guys that are actually getting your turbo installs done. Blah!!!!(cryhard)

STILL waiting on parts...

Back