Time to have my own Turbo Build Thread

Damn it... Why cant they just use the same inlet flange for all?!?!?!
I just bought the manifold so I cant use the T3 without some serious mods.
Thanks for the offer Max.

Hey yashart, what about a GT25R? I found one brand new inc. gate for $935. Would that work for him?

yashart_mp3 said:
Found a turbo: GT2871r. It's still on the rather large side, so im still looking for you...
Where are you looking?
Other forums, ppl you know, or what?
Thanks again for being so helpfull.

GMalatrasi said:
Damn it... Why cant they just use the same inlet flange for all?!?!?!
I just bought the manifold so I cant use the T3 without some serious mods.
Thanks for the offer Max.

No prob man. I jsut asked about that GT25R. I found a Disco Potato for ya for $1,125...

Too bad you bought that manifold. That turbo I'm selling would work wicked with the OBX manifold...

GMalatrasi said:
Lol thanks I also found a bunch of RS's for over $1000

Well you wont dfind one much cheaper man. They're [ricey. I assume you're not going with an external wastegate?

There's no way I'll be able to get all this stuff in time for spring break.
Unless I shell out som e big bucks for new stuff.

GMalatrasi said:
I'd like to... not sure yet

And such why I said that your cost estimate was short at least $1000... lol

Honestly man, I'd plan on doing your install later than you have set aside. I don't know that everything will come together by then. Not trying to be rude, jsut stating a fact...

yashart_mp3 said:
Yup, GT25r would work. All you have to do is buy a compressor inlet & outlet flanges/adapters and it would bolt right up.

You said cheap, so I went straight to ebay :) Used gt2871r for $555. I have purchased a few things from this guy before, so no worries. https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

http://www.himni-racing.com/ has really good prices on turbos, if you are looking for brand new

OR buy my turbo brand new, and an OBX manifold, and get a DP made since the OBX mani already has a wg flange lol!

Just palyin man, but it is a suggestion. You could sell your focus mani for a good bit...

yashart_mp3 said:
Yup, GT25r would work. All you have to do is buy a compressor inlet & outlet flanges/adapters and it would bolt right up.

Oh because it uses those weird flanges instead of the silicone couplers?

GMalatrasi said:
Oh because it uses those weird flanges instead of the silicone couplers?

Yup!

I really think you should sell the mani, turbo, and downpipe you purchased from Viral. Sell the turbo on ebay. Like i said, they go for $800 used. You'll re-coupe all of your money back for that setup from just selling the turbo. Then sell the manifold and downpipe here, for whatever price you want. That's extra money in your pocket. Since the manifold that you just bought from Focus is a direct drop in for the MSP, you can use the corksport S-pipe/j-pipe. If you bought your external wastegate from Street unit, Cullen will take it back no problem. Use that money towards a brand new gt28rs from him. I'll call him and make him give you a good deal on one.

Yeah unless some miracle happens and I can get everything in time, I'll pospone the install date till I come back from Italy this summer...
(chair) :'( :( (bang) (sad1)

Sorry that link you will need one flange. An adapter for the compressor outlet.

Latest posts

Back