Thinking about getting a exhaust system or tip.

IMO get a real cat back system instead of just replacing the muffler. Better sound better buy.
They bolt right up so you don't need to do any welding. You can do it easily by yourself.
And if you need to switch it back to stock for some reason, you can do it real easy.

I would buy the Ebay muffler that gives you 15h.p. Like that previous post suggests get a cat-back system, in the end you will be way further ahead. Better sound, fit and finish, best of all less chance of drone.

I would buy the Ebay muffler that gives you 15h.p. Like that previous post suggests get a cat-back system, in the end you will be way further ahead. Better sound, fit and finish, best of all less chance of drone.

Lol oh yeah will totally get 15+hp hahaha. But I was looking at getting a cat-back, I will just have to save up a bit more for that. I don't mind one bit. What would you suggest for a cat-back exhaust system that under $400?

You will be damn lucky if you find one under $400. I saw one on Ebay a while back but I don't think I would trust it sound wise.

I agree. These aren't just some walmart special (although sometimes you can find them on the mazda forums for cheap).
What's you're real price range for a decent system?
Or better yet check out ebay and look for the real names in exhaust instead of just a 'universal fit' or some no name company exhaust. If you go with a cheapo ebay you run the the risk of it not fitting right causing leaks, or the welds being nothing but crap and then you get to start all over....with no refund.
Spend your money right the first time so you don't have to spend it again a second time.

Try magnaflow, I heard they sound pretty good on the new 3's. It will cost around 600 but thats good for the quality I think.

Yeah I understand, with a new model it takes some time for certain mods to come out. But I'm a very good welder and not to worried about it being crappy, what I don't want is something that will totally suck. I might just have to wait a while. Rent is almost due and I spent almost 300 on stuff for my car, so this is something that can definitely wait. well my price range right now is $500 but once rent is paid this month I might have some left over cash sitting around. I hate my low paying job..$12 an hour isn't enough to take care of things I wanna do. The stock exhaust is fine for now, I'm 100% sure my next mod will be replacing all the speakers to alpines or kickers adding an amp and a sub.

http://www.corksport.com/corksport-power-series-exhaust-system-mazda-3-2.5.html

I have it and love it. Its pretty loud but not annoyingly so.

I definitely would not go with a $30 tip. Thats really ricey and poor quality. The corksport one if a full cat back and you can get an additional racepipe so you can get rid of the cat so you dont have to make cuts.

You did post a thread asking what people thought so you cant get mad at scratch n sniff. Just trying to save you from looking like a fool...

HAHAH tell me about it man. To be honest I'm not really worried about it. My car is pretty much complete just one thing left and it's done. Luckily my fiance makes $12 and hour too so it makes it a bit easier to pay rent and bills.

Now, to stop flaming and actually offer some reasonable advice, keep an eye on the FS section for a Speed3 muffler, and get the canister/tip from someone, can be picked up for around $100 Shipped...get it welded on in place of your stocker at an exhaust shop and it will sound great...it is a VERY popular mod on naturally aspirated 3's...

I was either thinking about going for the Corksport exhaust system, or buying an exhaust system from a 2009 speed3. They both seem to be what I am looking for and both are not badly priced. I am leaning more for the speed3 exhaust though. Welding as I said is no issue, I've built a front,rear bumper for my jeep from scratch cost me $80 in metal what would have cost me around $600. But I will definitely keep an eye out for that! Thanks for the info. So now two more mods and my car is done for now. OEM spoiler and Speed3 exhaust.

Also my guess is you either despise people who "rice" their car. or you hate when people do stupid ass mods to their car? I can understand that, I just didn't look around hard enough to find a quality product and was just being lazy and sloppy.

Back