The Turboyata goes tracking!

JDM-P5 said:
Going through the tunnels here...so much fun...you should see the faces of people..haha..they are like...WTF is that sound coming from!!!?

lol... part of your night run vid went thru a small tunnel, and it reminded me of the airport tunnel here in vegas... I LOVE the way my mx-5 sounds when I drive thru it at full throttle... your car would just sound BEAUTIFUL... if unbearably loud thru it :)

I love how your car retains its MX-5 sound... even tho its way louder and meaner :)

Thank you! People cower in fear when I go by at WOT. The problem with that particular tunnel, is that they have those really small speed bumps (speed limiters) and they are a real PITA (don't want to lose traction if I fly down the decline). In the vid you can see I have to let off and go back to WOT once the car stops bouncing up & down.
There are some better tunnels a short drive North of me (no speed limiters there since it's a highway). I met some guys that run turbo Opels here & we will be doing a photoshoot/night run through the nice long ones here pretty soon. the traffic is so thin there, that late at night we can set up a tripod & have some good runs through there. I can only imagine just how loud it's gonna be!

One thing I noticed h/e, there's a nasty buzzing sound coming from right behind the passenger seat...it's a piece of thin sheet metal vibrating to the right of the gas tank. The screw is missing, I have to find one to fit. But, on the other hand, it's no longer needed since the roll bar is there. I may just cut it out & call it a day! :D

YAY for parts!
brakes%20&%20gauges.JPG

Last edited:
oldzoomer said:
the miata sounds great. is that really a 1.6 in there?
Yep. It's definitely a 1.6'r in there. :)
Thanks for the compliment.(eekdance)

JDM-P5 said:
Yep. It's definitely a 1.6'r in there. :)
Thanks for the compliment.(eekdance)
Well...the Turboyata is really starting to kick things off right here in beautiful Turkey. Of course...just like ANYWHERE in the world..the playa hataz (fuzz/pigs/po-po etc.) tend to strike hard.
Well....let's rack 'em up shall we?
"Parking in front of my OWN apartment building" Parking ticket $62YTL
"Exhaust too loud" ticket $162YTL
"Speeding double the posted limit on a COUNTRY BACK ROAD (awesome mountain road FWIW)" speeding ticket $222YTL (busted by remote radar & cameras, dispatch radio'd ahead & I got pulled over to a grinning officer of the law) *A BIG f**k you to technology!!!*
I will scan my Turk Tickets tomorrow (ugh)

Now...unto some good news....
l_532ea31f29b98ff841db016a07e3692a.jpg

Brake upgrades complete.
Better news...since I'm pretty much the only person here with a modified MX-Cinco...I have been invited to have the turboyata replicated into a more child-friendly toy. The deal is, this company is going to make child-sized replicas of the turboyata & in exchange make ALL body repairs to Ms. Yata AND paint to my liking (engine bay, valve cover, exterior, interior, trunk). Well...can you say SPICY Yata? I can. Stay tuned for more info (this is scheduled to go down after the next time trial on May 19th). 7-10 days in their hands & I should have a magazine worthy car...finally.
w00t!

Last edited:
Of course, there's no chance you may be at fault for those tickets...

****** cops.
(ugh)

Spicy would be nice. I'm also a fan of the Laser Blue. Have you considered camo?

omg I want a child-sized turboyata replica! It's like "my size barbie" but for boys... boys that want a cute little convertible o_O

Dude, if you're getting a repaint, get a Racing Beat Type 2 nose on there first. It's the only body mod I'd do on a Miata

Foolish said:
Dude, if you're getting a repaint, get a Racing Beat Type 2 nose on there first. It's the only body mod I'd do on a Miata

+1

so subtle, so aggressive! If you are replacing the front bumper, it's imperative that you get it.

It's fiberglass though :(

aMaff said:
Of course, there's no chance you may be at fault for those tickets...

****** cops.
(ugh)

ALL of them of course. ;)

Spicy would be nice. I'm also a fan of the Laser Blue. Have you considered camo?
Camo...my commander would s*** a brick! I'm supposed to stay "low-key"...riiiiight...in a Miata...haha.

omg I want a child-sized turboyata replica! It's like "my size barbie" but for boys... boys that want a cute little convertible o_O
I want one also...gonna see if I can get one for free or at cost.

+1
so subtle, so aggressive! If you are replacing the front bumper, it's imperative that you get it.
It's fiberglass though
Just wait & see what I have up my sleeves fellas...I won't dissapoint. *MUUUUHAAAAHAAAA!!*

Phil....you cant mount a naked girl to the front of your car and paint her....its frowned upon
JDM-P5 said:
Just wait & see what I have up my sleeves fellas...I won't dissapoint. *MUUUUHAAAAHAAAA!!*

evilmonkeyMSP said:
Phil....you cant mount a naked girl to the front of your car and paint her....its frowned upon
BUT...I can however put her in the passenger seat!
It's got to do something with bumpers. It's gonna be fun.
Til next update.
G'night!
(rei)

If you say Erebuni, I will wait 'til you return to Atlanta, then beat you until your face also looks like a catfish.

Sad%20Little%20Miata.JPG

Last edited:
Foolish said:
If you say Erebuni, I will wait 'til you return to Atlanta, then beat you until your face also looks like a catfish.
If I say custom will you wait it out?
(stooges)

**EDIT**
roffles at your image.

Last edited:
Just remember, there's custom, and then there's too custom:
ugmiata.JPG

Foolish said:
Just remember, there's custom, and then there's too custom:
ugmiata.JPG
Roffles x's 10.

Meh...it'll be nice.