The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Larry welcome to the club. now we need to see bad grampa to get some good ideas to have fun with the grandkids.

Patrick leave the Neon alone and do basic maintenance on it. It is a cheap winter beater just leave it that way it is. It will make you want to drive your nice car even more if you have a POS as a winter beater.

My Milly was $650. with a blown motor...

Why are you dumping money into a winter beater Neon? Just keep the money for maintenance. With 200+ miles I'm sure there are going to be things that need to be replaced on a monthly basis. Spend the money on the MS3 or save it. Kids these days... (rolleyes)

haha Jess changed stuff on it and I got thinking lol. It already has some stuff so I may just get better tires and fix the few broken things and call it a day.
Edit: Also I like to tinker with stuff and the neon is cheap to tinker with.

Last edited:
random question, can you use s-plan plus incentives or are they not allowed to be combined?

Mazda S-plan is dealer invoice pricing plus (technically minus) all incentives, both dealership and manufacturer.

More detail FYI: http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=ProgramGuidelinePricing

Today was the first day I drove the neon to school. She took it like a champ. Now.... what should I do to it to make it 1. better looking and 2. more fun to drive?

Sell it and drive the MS3.

My Milly was $650. with a blown motor...

Why are you dumping money into a winter beater Neon? Just keep the money for maintenance. With 200+ miles I'm sure there are going to be things that need to be replaced on a monthly basis. Spend the money on the MS3 or save it. Kids these days... (rolleyes)

I'm with Evan. I always thought the purpose was a beater to keep the wear and tear off the good/fun car...

What do I know though, I've never been a fan of the beater idea. If I have to drive somewhere I'd rather take the nice car I paid a bunch of money for over a POS beater, particularly if said daily has AWD and heated seats. ;)

Last edited:
I wish I could take the ms3 all the time. But I hated the rust developing under the car and the amount of miles I was putting on the car driving back and forth to school. It makes me happy to drive the neon. I know my car isn't getting destroyed from the obnoxious amount of salt they lay down here. I mean I sold my winter wheels and tires and pretty much paid for the neon so I'm not out much and I am spending a third of what I used to in gas. I still get on the neon and she has some get up and go just not as much as the speed. I have no problem driving the neon I actually enjoy it. But I love every car I have and enjoy the time I'm in them.

Well that's the key, as long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters! (2thumbs)

Thank you. Just trying to make Nick's job easier :)

Making it easier would have been to do something 7 months ago. But I digress...

On the Neon front, do nothing to it unless it's maintenance. Modifying a car with 200k in NE Ohio is just asking for trouble.

Heidy-ho neighbors.

Congrats Larry! Send our best wishes to mom and dad!

Pmartz...as other said, I'd do basic maint. as needed but for a little and cheap fun, buy a can of spray paint or dare I say....plastidip (lol2) and go crazy with the wheels.

Haha I kept full coverage on the speed through November so I can bring it down. When I asked Jennifer what she wanted to take the speed or neon and she got sad that I even thought about taking the neon lol.

Haha, I plan to take the MSM to QSL as well. Providing no snow, of course. Otherwise, I'll likely die on the way there. LOL. I meant anything else local.

^^^ haha I gotcha and everyone else too. I wish there was a like/thanks button here

Man, **** that. All winter beaters need an engine swap from a similar, but more powerful car. B18C's all around!

*note - never do what Phen does with his winter beaters unless you too plan to keep the car for 12 years and running*

I got some news the other day. I am going to be a grandfather. I am officially old!

congrats?

I dare anyone to find a better car than what I bought for 800. 1, 2, 3... go

got a Sonata for $50...

What do I know though, I've never been a fan of the beater idea. If I have to drive somewhere I'd rather take the nice car I paid a bunch of money for over a POS beater, particularly if said daily has AWD and heated seats. ;)

not everybody is rich

oh hell yeah. If there is anything this winter or the speed is down for some reason the neon will come out. I'm proud of it lol

Today might be the first time i intentionally left dsc/tcs on. Cant wait to pick up the winter set next week. Although it looks like its going to warm up a bit

For the lulz;

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sKOaF7esBFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Latest posts

Back