The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I could be down for a little autox fun. Would this event be just for fun or something more serious?

mostly for fun and for novices like me to learn a little more. i plan on putting on more than one of these if the first one is a hit though so maybe later we can start more competitive runs, but this first time is just going to be for fun and learning. entry will be cheap, probibly around 20-25 bucks for 3 runs and we will also be putting on a small car show as well that will be free to get into.

Ok just curious. I didn't know if you intended on setting up a real SCCA or NASA event or just some fun driving through cones. I've shied away from autox because my mods automatically put me in SM where I wouldn't be very competitive.

Hey happy new year too. For the autocross do you have to have coil overs and special rims/tires etc. Or would cobb springs and stock suspension set up be ok? Im gettin some ultraleggeras likely but I got all new stock tires basically so im putting them to use. (thinkbeer

Lots of people use showroom stock cars with some better tires. They have different classes based on modifications.

Since you're not far from me, check this out. This is the group I auto-x with.

www.noraracing.net

In the forums, look at the ASCC (Akron Sports Car Club) section. I'd link more, but that site is blocked for me at work.

Here's what I use on my Protege, and I tripod like a b****.
-Mazdaspeed B-spec springs (on stock struts until they blow out)
-Mazdaspeed Protege 17" wheels
-Falken Azenis RT-615's
-AWR 21.5mm adjustable rear sway bar

That's it really. My car is slow, and I'm not really that competetive with it, but it's so much fun that I don't care.

Hey thanks for the link I never knew that existed. Where is the track at they use?(thumb)

NORA usually runs at Northfield Park, but the location can vary. Best bet is to check their tentative schedule on their forum.

So...details on the MS3?

Hello all. Just checkin in again. If there was more 1st gen ppl here I'd probably be on more.

Not alot of mods cobb intake, hks BOV, test pipe in the box at home waiting till it warms up and little stuff (blacked out emblems/markers shifter boost gauge). Im rollin on some 16 in steelies right now lol artic ice tires FTW though no traction problems now. Im going be putting on some wheels in the spring yet to purchase possibly ultraleggeras, rota torques or RX 8 oem.Whatever they are its gona be black to match the car its a 2008 gt. Wanna get a set of springs when the tires go on not sure what kind, id like to get downpipe but im affraid of smoking issues.

Could I qualify for stock class with the intake and BOV?

BOV puts you in Street Modified. No questions asked. Intake with no BOV added would put you in like STS or STX or something. Can't remember which.

BOV puts you in Street Modified. No questions asked. Intake with no BOV added would put you in like STS or STX or something. Can't remember which.

Oh, come check out www.cleveland6club.com

We're a fun gang that's in the area. There are a few MS3 owners in there that are both stock, and have some mods on them. Plus, these are the guys I autocross with.

hmmm could i put my stock bov valve on (it really doesnt make more power) and qualify for the "stock class" with just my intake; its a short ram cobb intake. I think I would do decent in that class. Are you permitted to use use test pipes?

The intake would put you in my class (or similar). Stock class pretty much only lets you change the drop-in filter, struts, and tires. They also allow cages and safety equipment, but that's a different story.

Bah, SCCA rules make my head spin. Either way, I'd be so deep into SM it wouldn't be funny...

Don't feel bad man. My Civic's every nature is SM. The only way I could go back down a class is to undo every good thing I've done to it. No more engine swap. :(

But the cool thing that I saw at the events I was at was that the SM cars were faster, but not by an extreme amount. My P5 has no chance in hell, but the Civic may. I've not tried yet.

This needs to get bumped. What's everyone up to? Anyone else get slammed by the weather? I made the stupid mistake of trying to take the P5 into work today. The truck got stuck yesterday so I worked from home but I figured I'd give the P5 a try today. Made it all the way to the parking lot at my office (~13 miles) before getting stuck twice. Get her out with some help from co-workers and got her into a parking garage. Hopefully the parking lot/roads will be better by this afternoon or I'm never getting home!

I need snow tires (and new summer tires at that!)

Back