The Official Classic Red Protege Photo Thread

Classic red revival!

111.JPG

113.JPG

Damn!I need to get my DG lip,haha!

The ride looks sick,blackdragon!

^^^ That looks amazing man - it's really making me want a DG or AutoEXE lip. Makes me wish we had the '01-'03 sedans in classic red here. Ever consider blacking out the headlights? I gotta ask thought, true dual exhaust?

^^^ That looks amazing man - it's really making me want a DG or AutoEXE lip. Makes me wish we had the '01-'03 sedans in classic red here. Ever consider blacking out the headlights? I gotta ask thought, true dual exhaust?

thanks. Mine is a 9.1998 one though. I don't think they ever made a 01-03 pro in classic red except for Taiwan.

It came to the world like this:
839927_9_full.jpg

And i'm not going to fiddle with the headlights, we have an '03 2.0 with black headlights here but finding them from a scrapper is like finding a coin in the ocean...and they weren't really sold that much. But i'm definately looking.
I like blackdragon11's rockblocker covers, maybe thats the first thing i'll do :)

thanks. Mine is a 9.1998 one though. I don't think they ever made a 01-03 pro in classic red except for Taiwan.

It came to the world like this:
839927_9_full.jpg

And i'm not going to fiddle with the headlights, we have an '03 2.0 with black headlights here but finding them from a scrapper is like finding a coin in the ocean...and they weren't really sold that much. But i'm definately looking.
I like blackdragon11's rockblocker covers, maybe thats the first thing i'll do :)
Wow, would have fooled me - even bigger props to you for doing the front end conversion; what a huge difference you've made to that car! Blacking out the headlights really isn't that hard or that complicated of a job - just takes time. But yeah, definitely something you should not do if you aren't comfortable. But yeah, awesome car man.

Hell ya!I'm debating wether I should boost my car or not.
DO IT! I won't lie - it was hard work and although there are a few more maintenance issues to work with I will say it's definitely been worth it. It's nice to see people do double-takes when they see the FMIC or hear the turbo spool up and then realize it's a wagon! If you do decide to go that route my only advice to you would be to get all new parts instead of piecing things together from used parts from the F/S section. Sure, it's a little cheaper and most things are realiable but I am running into issues with some of the things I bought last year that I wouldn't be encountering if I had bought some stuff new...

DO IT! I won't lie - it was hard work and although there are a few more maintenance issues to work with I will say it's definitely been worth it. It's nice to see people do double-takes when they see the FMIC or hear the turbo spool up and then realize it's a wagon! If you do decide to go that route my only advice to you would be to get all new parts instead of piecing things together from used parts from the F/S section. Sure, it's a little cheaper and most things are realiable but I am running into issues with some of the things I bought last year that I wouldn't be encountering if I had bought some stuff new...

Right.Well,it's either go turbo or save up for a RWD sports car...either a used 08' Z or an MX-5.But if I decide to turbo,it'll more than likely be a HiBoost kit.

These are from kafai @ carfieldenterprise.com
Genuine mazda mirrors, I don't know the partnumber but they are on his site.
However these are non-auto folding mirrors.
Here's a vid with the lights flashing click

I will be getting my new powerfolding mirrors installed in january :)
They're still waiting to be painted after the holidays here.
Same design, different leds inside and aspheric glass on both sides.

Back