The door chime with a TT

hand14me

Hey guys - I have a Compustar 2WAS - which i love and is probably one of the best things that i bought for my baby - but i have this problem of leaving my lights on<<-- alot, i just had to buy an optima yellowtop because i completly killed my other battery. Situation - - i will be driving around say mid morning when it is still dark, i have the lights on right. By the time i get to my destination is is light outside. I get out of the car, get everything i need, lock the car and now the compustar's TT is running. BUT WAIT, i left my lights ON!!! The "reminding" light buzzer does not chime, because technically the car is still on. The only time i hear the buzzer chime is when i come back to my car and here a buzzer that is probally spossed to be getting 12V getting only 3 (it doesn't sound like a buzzer anymore). In addition i think that the buzzer is quite annoying when i just have my AUX on. What could i do....

1 - somehow find the buzzer and completly disconnect is so i don't hear it at all, i don't hear it anyways when i need to be "reminded" to turn of my lights.
2 - rewire it to run off the AUX wire, that way when i have turned the key to AUX it turns off the buzzing feature, just the way it does when you switch it to on, and that way when the TT engages the AUX wire does not have power anymore with in turn would engage the buzzing feature if i left my lights on.
3 - wire the lights so the car has to be on to have the lights on - - that could be dangerous though.

Tell me what you guys think or if you have any other suggestions

hand14me said:
Hey guys - I have a Compustar 2WAS - which i love and is probably one of the best things that i bought for my baby - but i have this problem of leaving my lights on<<-- alot, i just had to buy an optima yellowtop because i completly killed my other battery. Situation - - i will be driving around say mid morning when it is still dark, i have the lights on right. By the time i get to my destination is is light outside. I get out of the car, get everything i need, lock the car and now the compustar's TT is running. BUT WAIT, i left my lights ON!!! The "reminding" light buzzer does not chime, because technically the car is still on. The only time i hear the buzzer chime is when i come back to my car and here a buzzer that is probally spossed to be getting 12V getting only 3 (it doesn't sound like a buzzer anymore). In addition i think that the buzzer is quite annoying when i just have my AUX on. What could i do....

1 - somehow find the buzzer and completly disconnect is so i don't hear it at all, i don't hear it anyways when i need to be "reminded" to turn of my lights.
2 - rewire it to run off the AUX wire, that way when i have turned the key to AUX it turns off the buzzing feature, just the way it does when you switch it to on, and that way when the TT engages the AUX wire does not have power anymore with in turn would engage the buzzing feature if i left my lights on.
3 - wire the lights so the car has to be on to have the lights on - - that could be dangerous though.

Tell me what you guys think or if you have any other suggestions
Damn! Lately, I've been doing the same damn thing! Tomorrow I will look into this and let you know what I am going to do!

It's funny reading this because I had to have my car jumped off this afternoon after leaving my lights on. Funny thing is that I was out by the loading dock and noticed that my headlights were flashing off and on, at first I thought it was a reflection and then realized they were flashing. Anyone else had their lights flash after the battery has ran down?

Back