Tax Refund Install Day!

ah bryan. i was gonna ask u, wasnt sure if ud want to. this one has the navigation and all that jazz as well im sure with every there we can figure it out. so is it reccomended i buy that harness?

i dont even know where the harness would go to. the back of the head unit has one black cable comming out of it. and it doesnt look like a harness would fit into it. oh well ill buy it and see what happens

i dont even know where the harness would go to. the back of the head unit has one black cable comming out of it. and it doesnt look like a harness would fit into it. oh well ill buy it and see what happens

I've installed about a dozen or so car stereos. I don't claim to be an expert, but like TheDoc said, I'm sure we can figure it out :)

Persumably the "black cable" has a bunch of small wires wrapped inside of it?

The point of the wiring harness is that it plugs into your stock harness so we can go cut up and soldier and heatshrink things and if it all goes horribly wrong we don't **** anything up permenantly. I'd recommend it.

I did notice that the headunit has a feature where it taps into the brake and e-brake lines and, I'm assuming, will dim at night, etc, etc.. if you want to utilize those features we would have to tap into those lines.

But, the wiring harness will definitely be useful- especially if this proves to be a challenge.

I'd like to swing by and see what is involved with a DP install.
the step after getting the downpipe unbolted from the turbo involves putting a gun in your mouth. At least thats how you will feel at that point when it does not want to come out of the car.

the step after getting the downpipe unbolted from the turbo involves putting a gun in your mouth. At least thats how you will feel at that point when it does not want to come out of the car.

+1

The problem I had was that #6? bolt. The bottom bolt closest to the block.

Can I just stop by and lay on your heated floor. Hmm soulnds real nice after freezing my ass off on my garage floor.

I'd like to swing by and see what is involved with a DP install.

I hope to have the stock downpipe unbolted early in the morning before we start so that by the time people start arriving I'll have the moral support necessary for actually removing the pipe. Everything I've read just makes it seem like the least pleasant experience in automotive history, so we'll see. Definitely stop by- if nothing else, you can stand there and laugh at me.

question.. is anyone excellent at installing audio..mainly head units? i have one thats been sitting on my floor for almost a year now and im horrible with audio if anyone wants to volunteer to do this for me i could pay or what ever. its an alpine iva-d300. if u wanna see what ur gettin urself into. i knw it will be a b**** and a giant pain. if not thats cool too cause it will just continue to sit there lol

his name is aric

Since you don't know me very well, I am really persistant. Patience (can sometimes be) is a virtue of mine.(lol2)

Back