Sub replacement for MSP????

computerGeek

Banned
:
Your Mom
I searched forever and came up nill. I remember a post about the 2 subs, JL Audio and RF that fit almost perfectly. however one, i think the RF had a fitment issue with the connectors in the box that a simple dremel or grinder fixed.

Basically i am looking for a 8" 4 ohm sub that fits... and i cannot for the life of me, remeber which it was. I would prefer to just plug and play and hopefully not loose the screen but if i have to so be it!

Thanks for the help in advance!

Everything looses the screen, no matter what model.

The JL 8w0 and 8w3 both work... comes in both a 4 ohm and 8 ohm version... if you can find it. Local audio places are best to check, because you cant find it online to save your life.

so JL is the one with no fabrication??

JL has a strict online policy. they only sell to brick and morter shops and you have to be a certian distance from another shop that sells them. Crutchfild is the ONLY place to get JL online. I know because of my company IEA. actually most audio companies do not allow for online sale. Tweeter, bestbuy, etc. can because they have brick and morter companies in every state! It sux for us little guys. but good because the ausio industry is trying to keep the little guys in business!!!!

I would talk to spikeblue on the forum I know he replaced his sub with a nice JL one.

those w7 series subs are huge. JL didnt play no games with the design (straight competition). so you might wanna try to go down a little bit. im sure a 8w3 might work out a little better. maybe less box modification, and JL underrates the hell out of their products, so you could still expect some good bass.

Blue_Speed said:
Here's a good website i found.... http://www.woofersetc.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=314&1=318&2=1093 Never done business with them, but came back with some 8" JL's. They also have the 8" W7, but im not sure if it fits on our setup???

I got the JL 8w0 for 59.99 open box at tweater. I will find out for sure either tonight or tomorrow!!!

BTW Ask and you shall recieve.... a broken link!!! thanks though! It's the thought that counts

computerGeek said:
I got the JL 8w0 for 59.99 open box at tweater. I will find out for sure either tonight or tomorrow!!!

BTW Ask and you shall recieve.... a broken link!!! thanks though! It's the thought that counts

DOH!!!(bang) Sorry for the broken link. Anyway you seem to have gotten a great deal on the JL. Enjoy.

P.S. The link that I was trying to post was of a thread started by you.

(uhm)

computerGeek said:
Did you have to cut or grind otr did it practically pop right in???
Well, I had to drill out the stock screws that hold the sub in. The geniuses used loctite on the threads. Also, the stock grille won't fit over the JL, but that didn't bother me. The sub just plugs right in, runs at 4 ohms (so basically 2x the power). Took about 20 minutes.

Well here is how it went for me!!!!!

Go to plug up sub and the ******* thing doesn't work. I call tweater and they say they have another open box. Before i even jump out the door i ask him to look at it. It too has a dent/ding in the cone so i was like hell no. Open box doesn't mean busted up. He said he DIDN"T have any new in stock but the Tyson store did. which is kool because that is slightly closer (still 35 minutes away though). I ask am i going to have to pay the difference.. He replied "NOPE". I was like "hell yeah".

so in the end i got a brand new sub for 59.99 bux and it fits perfectly, with no screen because of the rubber around the rim. But damn it sounds awesome, like an entirely new beafer sytem!!!!!

About the link... I started it??? i don't remember!!! must of been along time ago!!!!

So you went with a JL 8w0(4 ohm) which was the new one too right? Im on my 3rd sub, funk this Im upgrading. Also anyone whats the model for the RF??

YOu can remove the rubber around the oustide of the subs mouting edge.
computerGeek said:
Well here is how it went for me!!!!!

Go to plug up sub and the ******* thing doesn't work. I call tweater and they say they have another open box. Before i even jump out the door i ask him to look at it. It too has a dent/ding in the cone so i was like hell no. Open box doesn't mean busted up. He said he DIDN"T have any new in stock but the Tyson store did. which is kool because that is slightly closer (still 35 minutes away though). I ask am i going to have to pay the difference.. He replied "NOPE". I was like "hell yeah".

so in the end i got a brand new sub for 59.99 bux and it fits perfectly, with no screen because of the rubber around the rim. But damn it sounds awesome, like an entirely new beafer sytem!!!!!

About the link... I started it??? i don't remember!!! must of been along time ago!!!!

daedalus said:
Everything looses the screen, no matter what model.

The JL 8w0 and 8w3 both work... comes in both a 4 ohm and 8 ohm version... if you can find it. Local audio places are best to check, because you cant find it online to save your life.
So what is best for our set up? 8w0 or 8w3? 4ohm or 8 ohm?

jl 8w0 4ohm perfect sub.. one thing mazda did right was build that box!!! with the jl and that box... sounds better than any dual 10's i ever had!!!!! shocked the s*** outa me too!!!

Back