2012 CX-9 Bose Subwoofer Aftermarket Replacement

Hey guys, Im in the process of replacing all my dash and door speakers in my 2012 Mazda CX9 which had navigation and Bose.
I'm not running a Kenwood DDX396 with PAC adapter to retain steering controls and rear cam. I have also added a Kenwood 500.1 mono amp with a 10" JL Audio sub.

So far, I have replaced my front dash speakers, left and right with Infinity Reference 3.5" 3-ohm speakers. I have 6.5" JBL Club speakers coming for my front doors. I found a place that sells a kit to allow the 6.5" to fit in the front door so hoping it works. That was very difficult to find and still not sure if it will work until I get the speakers.

Currently, if I fade my Kenwood all the way to the rear, I have no sound whatsoever. I found a few posts regarding the PAC adapter and how to turn on and off the amp and use the fade using the mode button which I am going to try tonight.

I do however, like the sound of the Bose subwoofer but, I cannot find any replacement aftermarket sub for the 2012 cx9.

Would anyone have any idea what size speaker or sub would fit in that hole in the back?
Even if it was a mid range woofer I would be happy just putting something aftermarket in?
Crutchfield said my front speakers are 3.4 ohm so I believe all speakers should be roughly that and I have been buying 3-ohm speakers.
Not sure if that info is helpful or not but pic of the bose subwoofer is attached. The sub appears to be 6 inches from top to bottom and side to side obviously but not sure if I can find one with the right hole placement for screwing down.

Attachments

• 2012 CX9 Bose SubWoofer.jpg
    2012 CX9 Bose SubWoofer.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 101
I didn’t go all out as you’re doing. I simply replaced the Bose subwoofer sitting in the spare tire one with a JBL11” sub and JBL AMP and a 2loc pro and it hits as if I have a box back there. The base is definitely there but it’s not that hard hitting base that you can feel in your chest.

• sealed passive 11" subwoofer enclosure
  • mounts to hub of spare tire
    • spare tire must be turned upside down
    • compatible with spare tires mounted inside vehicle with removable spare tire post
  • 11" dual 4-ohm voice coil woofer
    • fiberglass cone with rubber surround
    • frequency range: 20-150 Hz
    • power handling: 600 watts RMS
  • plug-in harness for easier installation

Specifications:​

• impedance: 2 or 8 ohms
  • sensitivity: 90 dB
  • dimensions: 6.5"H x 14.13"D

• Featured in our article: Best subwoofer amplifiers for 2023
  • mono subwoofer amplifier
    • 350 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
    • 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
  • Class D amp technology
  • variable low-pass filter (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
  • variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
  • phase switch (0, 180 degrees)
  • wired remote bass control module included

More Info:​

• preamp and speaker-level inputs
    • bare wire to RCA adapters included for high-level input
  • wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
    • 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
  • fuse rating: 30A x 2
  • dimensions: 8-11/16"W x 2-1/16"H x 7-1/8"D

• channel active line output converter
  • ACR-1 wired remote bass level control included
  • 2 speaker-level inputs with 40-volt (400 watts RMS) power handling
  • Main and Bass preamp-level outputs (up to 9.5 volts)
  • Main and Bass output controls for level matching
  • adjustable AccuBASS corrects for factory bass roll-off

More Info:​

• selectable turn-on options: GTO signal Sense (DC offset), audio sense, or remote 12 volt input
  • 12-volt turn-on lead output
  • recommended fuse rating: 1 amp
  • dimensions: 6-15/16"W x 1"H x 3"D
  • weight: 0.75 pound

Back