2023+ CX-5 Bose wiring diagram?

Hello,

I am in the progress to add a subwoofer to my 2023 CX-5 with Bose system.
I have referred to the thread regarding 2019 CX-5 Subwoofer installation (2019 CX-5 GTR Bose Sub Upgrade to JBL Stadium BassHub).
The amplifier is at the same location but unfortunately the number of wires are colors are completely different from the thread. (Plugs are the same though).
Do anyone have any idea which wires are the front and rear's line input?
Please see below for the as-fit color on my 2023 cx-5 plug.

1712635704652.png

Does anyone know what wire is what?? Or if anyone have 2023 workshop manual that would help too!! Thank you in advance!

I read in another thread that even if you tap the pre-amp wires, you will still have that 45htz roll off…. Which stinks.

Some owners are opting to use a DSP to increase the roll off and then run that to your amp then subs. Apparently that is a valid option.

Although I haven't tried to find the information you're looking for, <this>source has been very complete for everything I have seen so far, so I'd expect that you should be able to find it there.

T-Cat: Thanks for the information, it does seem there is multiple thread describing roll off on the input even before the Bose amp on 2020+ CX5... which is a shame since the pervious gen Bose system have linear line signal until the bose amp.

Edmaz: Thanks for the link, I have reviewed the drawing but unfortunately it doesn't have the wiring diagram included.

if there is roll off in all the signal, the proper way would be going through the DSP. But that would require a professional tuning, or more expensive one with microphone to self tune. Need to dig deeper for this option......

Edmaz: Thanks for the link, I have reviewed the drawing but unfortunately it doesn't have the wiring diagram included.

Although I haven't searched for audio wiring, I can say that every wiring section that I have looked for is there. If you haven't seen the wiring diagrams, they're available by following the instructions for opening pages using IE instead of Edge.

T-Cat: Thanks for the information, it does seem there is multiple thread describing roll off on the input even before the Bose amp on 2020+ CX5... which is a shame since the pervious gen Bose system have linear line signal until the bose amp.

if there is roll off in all the signal, the proper way would be going through the DSP. But that would require a professional tuning, or more expensive one with microphone to self tune. Need to dig deeper for this option......
I just discovered that a “NvX bass restorer” helps a ton with the bass roll off.

I am putting my system together as I type this.

Set up is I will use the Bose sub connection, run it through the Lc2i pro (this is to account for bass turn down by using their accu base feature) > then running that through the “NVX Bass restorer” (this is to bump up the bass section from the factory tune without introducing distortion) > then sending the rca output to my amp.

Unfortunately this appears complicated but it’s super simple.

Attached are videos for both devices I’m placing inline.

Lc2i pro - Line Output Converter Explained - How to Install & Features to look for!

NVX bass restorer - Use this to make more bass! NVX Bass Processor @NVX

EDIT: 4.09.2024
Here is a video that shows using a LC2I WITH an Epicenter (Thats Audio Controls version of a Bass restorer which is more expensive and does the same thing as the NVX bass restorer). He talks about the Bass roll-off problem as well as something called "turndown" which the Mazda headunit does. This fixes both without tapping into (what seems like impossible) un-tuned sound signal from the headunit. What is the difference Between Accu Bass and an the Epicenter

EDIT: 4.09.2024 p2

USE THE EPICENTER from audio control. its the right tool. reference the video above this edit.

Last edited:
Although I haven't searched for audio wiring, I can say that every wiring section that I have looked for is there. If you haven't seen the wiring diagrams, they're available by following the instructions for opening pages using IE instead of Edge.
Thanks, my laptop apparently doesn't have IE build in anymore let me check if I can find an older computer that have it to access the site again.
I just discovered that a “NvX bass restorer” helps a ton with the bass roll off.

I am putting my system together as I type this.

Set up is I will use the Bose sub connection, run it through the Lc2i pro (this is to account for bass turn down by using their accu base feature) > then running that through the “NVX Bass restorer” (this is to bump up the bass section from the factory tune without introducing distortion) > then sending the rca output to my amp.

Unfortunately this appears complicated but it’s super simple.

Attached are videos for both devices I’m placing inline.

Lc2i pro - Line Output Converter Explained - How to Install & Features to look for!

NVX bass restorer - Use this to make more bass! NVX Bass Processor @NVX
Cost would also be a consideration for this upgrade, LC2i PRO is ~200 and NVX bass restorer is ~300 CAD for just signal processing, still amplifier and subwoofer behind it.

Might want to check out Kicker KEY500.1, it has similar bass restore function build into an amplifier.

Thanks, my laptop apparently doesn't have IE build in anymore let me check if I can find an older computer that have it to access the site again.

Cost would also be a consideration for this upgrade, LC2i PRO is ~200 and NVX bass restorer is ~300 CAD for just signal processing, still amplifier and subwoofer behind it.

Might want to check out Kicker KEY500.1, it has similar bass restore function build into an amplifier.
Not a bad idea, I have my own sub amp so that would work in my case. but I bought my lc2i pro yesterday from Amazon for $100 usd (bought a referbished one) and the NVX bass restorer (part # xbbr2) is $69.99 on Amazon and there is also an additional $10off coupon when you check out.

Back