stivine6's 2001 Mazda Protege Build

nice! you'll enjoy driving it a lot more with a 5-speed, but i know how it goes when family members can only drive automatics. don't know why they don't make it mandatory in driving schools - guess they just want to get as many students to graduate in the shortest possible time so they can get their funding.

nice! you'll enjoy driving it a lot more with a 5-speed, but i know how it goes when family members can only drive automatics. don't know why they don't make it mandatory in driving schools - guess they just want to get as many students to graduate in the shortest possible time so they can get their funding.

Yeah I really wish!! Haha. I'm hoping my next car will me manual, at some point in my life I will get one though no one can stop me!! For the time being, it's my first car and I'm thankful to get something as nice as this. I was expecting to buy something really old and bad like a 97 corolla but I ended up with this so I can't complain :)

Its good to know your car is running strong at such high km.. right now I am eying a car that has 260kkm.. Manual in Toronto (MPV) though.

Its good to know your car is running strong at such high km.. right now I am eying a car that has 260kkm.. Manual in Toronto (MPV) though.

Thanks I hope it will last a lot longer :p it shouldn't be a problem for any car as long as you maintain it but you also never know how it was taken care of before you owned it. So far I haven't run into any problems except for a few wear a tear parts, which kind of still added up to a decent amount of $$.

So anyways I had a chance to clean my air filter, maf sensor, and seafoamed the car. It's been terrible on gas lately so I'm hoping this will help a bit.

http://youtu.be/05ZE6xK7fFE

Here's a video of the seafoam

stivine6, where did you get the yellow fog lights you had in the first pictures on the first page? I've been struggling to find them and they would look awesome with what I have so far.

stivine6, where did you get the yellow fog lights you had in the first pictures on the first page? I've been struggling to find them and they would look awesome with what I have so far.

The yellow fog lights on the sedan bumper, I painted it using tamiya smoked yellow. Thats the only method to work on those fogs because of the shape. The yellow fogs I have now are film overlays

!

Car is looking good my winter beater is the same color haha but it's taking a beating from these Canadian winters lol keep up the good work bud

thanks guys!

Yeah i know winter is taking a beating on mine too but i am doing everything i can to combat it! Been greasing the fenders, spraying it with corrosion free, and washing the car about once a week to keep the crap off. Seems to be doing the job

Here's another two after a good clean at work today, with front grille and side mirrors painted body colour!

photo2013040231134pm.jpg

photo2013032635512pm.jpg

Its looking good!

On a side note, i had a chance to put back my summer rims/tires, repainted my brakes, and sprayed more rust protection all over my suspension components and inner fenders

photo20130408113225am.jpg

photo2013040815345pm.jpg

loving this much better than winters :lol:

Lookin good man! Wheels look good! I need side skirts and lip kit like you have. I can't go any lower with my car but it still looks high off ground.

Lol yeah! I like that sticker also but theres another guy ive seen it on his car and i dont wanna have the same stickers he has lol!

That's very true! That's why I have no stickers. Just like my fave sticker says "no fat chicks, car will scrap". I love that one!

Back