Starting Over

pluto316 said:
Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my perfectly running Miata.

You mean the one that s**** out plumes of smoke and burns oil?

Kooldino said:
You mean the one that s**** out plumes of smoke and burns oil?
No no... that's his MSP. You know the one he couldn't install a boost gauge in. He had to buy two Miatas in order to get one that runs right.

Mr. Win said:
No no... that's his MSP. You know the one he couldn't install a boost gauge in. He had to buy two Miatas in order to get one that runs right.

Yeah, good one!

(ugh)

Kooldino said:
Taco Bell again?

How old was said gas?
It wasn't even that old. Clay popped the hood and I stood there for a good 40 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong. Checked all the lines and what not. I noticed a smell of gas and that I was burning more than usual so I kinda flipped thinking the injectors were leaking again. I told Clay "I think it's just bad gas." Sure enough..

I was also flippin' because it has been non-stop rain lately and the Miata was swimming for a minute or so.

All is good now.

I don't have anything new going on. I keep spending money on other things than the car. I have a lot of stuff going on right now and I'm trying to prioritize. That's not working out too well.

I just dumped away about $1400 this weekend. Just gotta wait until I get that money back. Won't be too long but in the meantime I'm learning more about this process and my "options."

What did you spend $1400 on??

How do you KNOW it was bad gas? Maybe you had water in your piping somewhere?

Just personal expenses. Jet ski's, clothing, food...

...foood....

As soon as we filled it up the idle was fine. It stopped studdering and stopped revving itself, whatever the eph it was doing. Ghostly car, I tell you..ghostly..

Jet skis ... NIIIIICE.

I just dumped away about $1400 this weekend. Just gotta wait until I get that money back. Won't be too long but in the meantime I'm learning more about this process and my "options."

Wont be too long to get $1400 back? I need to do whatever you are doing for money.

k-lea said:
Just personal expenses. Jet ski's, clothing, food...

...foood....

As soon as we filled it up the idle was fine. It stopped studdering and stopped revving itself, whatever the eph it was doing. Ghostly car, I tell you..ghostly..

the same exact thing happened to me the other day after it rained. i filled it cause it was at a half tank and it all went away. it was the weirdest thing that ever happened. the car was acting like it had a vacuum leak.

same thing happen to you?

GhostMercury said:
the same exact thing happened to me the other day after it rained. i filled it cause it was at a half tank and it all went away. it was the weirdest thing that ever happened. the car was acting like it had a vacuum leak.

same thing happen to you?

Pretty much. We'd give it some throttle (sitting there) and the car would just gradually go up in rpm's when we let off. Then, while driving it, the idle would drop and raise on it's own free will. When we sat at the gas station it idled at 3,200 then it would drop to 1k or so and go right back up slowly.

(This reminded me of the bad Xede EMS days, wooho! bad idles rock.)

My first thought was a leak but everything was good. Who did I resort to? Dana Service 24/7. He told me to check for leaks but I was like "erm.." I did again anyways..He mentioned something about the head and that's when I was like "Clay, I'm so over this damn car and all it's problems" so I started thinking about selling it again, haha.

(No, I'm not selling it..) Although, a Exige S is looking mighty fine right now..

jesus... If my girlfriend told me she wanted a bigger turbo and some piston's and rods, I would leave the house, and come back a few hours later with a turbo, forged internals, and a ring to go on that left hand.

Back