stalling question. Just want to know if I should be concerned.

mikelebz

:
'05 Mazda 3
Hey everyone. I have a problem which can be irritating at times, but I just want to know if I should be worried that whatever is causing this issue is doing damage to the car.

So every morning before work I start the car and leave it in neutral while I go feed the dog to let it warm up. a percentage of the time the revs will flutter and stall. if this happens more than twice I just give it some revs and it seems to be fine after that. If I drive on a cold start obviously I do not stall as I am giving gas.

The mods I have are SRI and catback (2nd cat removed). What do you think the issue is? The engine is not getting enough fuel? That means I would be running lean, correct? Is this damaging to the car? I push the car pretty damn hard.

If lean condition is the issue, how can I go about fixing this?

Thanks for all your input,
Mike

Last edited:
My tune for my turbo isn't set and I run lean, I was told not to push out because it will eventually wear it enough to destroy it. he said just drive it easy...

My tune for my turbo isn't set and I run lean, I was told not to push out because it will eventually wear it enough to destroy it. he said just drive it easy...

well that's a bummer. You have a turbo and you can't even have fun with it?

and I'm hoping that you are talking specifically about your turbo, right? That you will eventually wear through the turbo and destroy it. Not the motor, right?

cleaning that thing will be so nerve-racking. I hear if you damage one of those you are out a lot of $$$. However is running lean catastrophic especially the way I push the car?

All you have to do is spray it with some MAFS cleaner and let it dry. Disconnect battery for a few minutes to reset the ECU and you are done.

Latest posts

Back