Squeak squeak squeak clunk squeak....

wannabe

meh
:
16 CX-5, Old: 06 Mazdaspeed6, 08 CX-7, 01 Protege ES/Mp3wannabe
as many of you know, i am most of the way an mp3. i have the rear swaybar (complete with clunk) and springs off an MSP. i am still riding on my stock struts. my drivers side rear corner is squeaking like a mofo...its driving me crazy. it also looks like its sagging in that corner, as i can barely fit a finger in the gap, i didnt compare to the other side, but it seems lower. is my strut blown or is this something stupid/simple?

s***. thats what i was afraid you'd say...i'll have to look at it tomorrow at my parents...im sick of not having a garage

you make it sound like i have SOO much money...im trying to build a house remember? im broke right now. every penny i have is going towards the house.

heres the other thing though, it only squeaks every once in a while..like when its really cold out...what exactly will a blown strut sound like?

Brian MP5T said:
Replace the strut with a log or a frozen dog.

(lol) i dont think that will work quite the same...

so if i replace the struts will i be kicking myself in the nuts if i replace them with used MP3 struts? should i splurge and get the illuminas? remember i am broke and always looking for a good deal...

will you be replacing the struts yourself? If so just do the rears for know. That will save you some dough. Not sure if that adds any stress to the fronts or not

yeah, i do all my own work (which is prolly part of the problem :rolleyes: ) im gonna take a look at it and see if i cant fix some of these issues im having right now..

so i was just looking over my struts and they have grime on all four. so they are definetly gone right? i was wondering if anyone knew about how much a shop would charge to install new ones? just the labor, i will get the HP's myself.

I got a set of Tokico HPs (the blue, non-adjustables ones) for $320 on ebay.
Until about a week ago I had a set of stock struts just sitting in my hatch, but they were making noise and no one seemed to want them, so they're at the dump.

yeah, well i just order the HPs for 346 shipped from racing_extreme here on the boards. i almost bought that set from eBay for 320, but i figured for $10 i'll support a board member.

oh, and speaking of eBay i just about NUTTED when i saw the Illuminas for 225....but then i realized it was for the rears only :rolleyes:

Back