2015 CX-5 Touring Front End Squeak

Hey everyone! Newb to the forum here. Trying to get some advice for a constant thorn in my side dealing with my wife's car. 2015 CX-5 with ~175k miles

So naturally with 2015 we all know they're notorious for having worn lower control arm bushings and all that fun stuff. The front end has had its series of clunks, thunks, squeaks, and everything else in between driving over bumps and whatnot.

Some time last year I swapped out the lower control arms, which ended up being a good thing since more than just the bushing called out in the TSB was worn. The much larger rubber bushing or whatever that thing is was cracking like mad and broken on both. Got those installed... the squeaking reduced.

OK, what else? The rubber boots on the sway bar links and outer tire rod ends on both sides of the car were ripped open with grease falling out. Badly. I wasn't expecting that to happen. But anyway, I replaced those, got the front end realigned. Bam. Also, noise reduced even further, but not entirely gone. So... the noise is much improved, but now I'm not sure where to go from here.

As far as the ride quality it still rides as smooth as it did as when the car was newer (when at higher speeds on the highways), surprisingly, but rolling over waves in the roadway that cause the car to flex a little I can hear some squeaking from the car going up and down. Also, pretty much any time the front end lifts up for acceleration or nose dives when braking (this isn't a braking issue, I've completely let off the brakes, gave it a second, then accelerated and the squeak didn't happen until the front end lifted. The brakes are absolutely fine). Also, at slower speeds some bumps do feel like the suspension isn't handling the shock impact as well as it did newer, which... can be expected at that mileage. But if I step out of the car and try to rock it up and down, or side to side, no noise comes from the suspension. It seems more toward the middle of the car somewhere underneath. So, I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any idea where else to look?

Back