Spy Shot: Honda Accord Crossover

Geez, why go CUV?

When will Americans learn to distinguish that wagons are not necessarily station wagons? You can have awesome sport wagons like those offered in Europe like the ones that BMW, MB, and Audi offer.

So far my wish list is for the USDM to realize that:
1. Diesels are awesome. Modern turbo diesels are more awesomer!
2. Wagons can be sporty and not like your grandpa's wood trim station wagon.

(steps off his soap box)

Last edited:
Geez, why go CUV?

When will Americans learn to distinguish that wagons are not necessarily station wagons? You can have awesome sport wagons like those offered in Europe like the BMW, MB, and Audi offer.

(steps off his soap box)

qft...I'd like that much better if it didn't have the trucklike stance.

Geez, why go CUV?

When will Americans learn to distinguish that wagons are not necessarily station wagons? You can have awesome sport wagons like those offered in Europe like the ones that BMW, MB, and Audi offer.

(steps off his soap box)

Feel free to stay up on ur soap box, i'll continue to hold up my BIC lighter in homage :)

020220091728245710.jpg

020220091728240196.jpg

020220091728244112.jpg

020220091728249761.jpg

020220091728248310.jpg

Dear Honda:

Please do what Subaru has done so far:
  • Make the Subaru Outback type thing for the tall, SUV looking car fans
  • Make the Subaru Legacy GT wagon type thing for the rest of us. AWD, but keeping it as a sports wagon

2008-SUBARU-OUTBACK-3.0-R.jpg

SUBARU-LEGACY-2009-5ES-4.jpg

Dear Honda:

Please do what Subaru has done so far:
  • Make the Subaru Outback type thing for the tall, SUV looking car fans
  • Make the Subaru Legacy GT wagon type thing for the rest of us. AWD, but keeping it as a sports wagon
2008-SUBARU-OUTBACK-3.0-R.jpg

SUBARU-LEGACY-2009-5ES-4.jpg

Subaru does not sell the Legacy wagon anymore.

Subaru does not sell the Legacy wagon anymore.

Damn, boooh to Subaru! LOL

No wonder I did not see it in their web site while looking for pics, just the Legacy sedan and the Outback (scratch)

Honda Drops Accord Crosstour Teaser Shot, Begins Countdown

Honda-Accord-Crosstour-0.jpg

Having already confirmed the name of its new Accord-based crossover, Honda is now starting the promotional campaign for the Crosstour with the release of the first teaser shot. It will be followed by more cryptic photographs over the next 11 days as the Japanese automaker wants to build some hype around the crossover prior to the vehicle's official unveiling on September 1st. The first image shows the Crosstour's front grille which is different than the one found on the Accord Coupe and Sedan models - if you just whispered 'big deal' no worries, we agree with you 100 per cent...

Previous spy shots suggest that the Accord Crosstour looks like something that we'd feel comfortable describing as a "poor man's" BMW 5-Series GT featuring an elongated hatch and a sleek roofline.

We're still in the dark when it comes to powertrain options but Honda recently announced that the Accord Crosstour will go on sale in the U.S. this fall. More to come shortly.

Honda-Accord-Crosstour-3.jpg

I really like it. The AWD will be nice. If it comes with the V6 that will be even better! But it needs to be under 30k or people will just go Acura.

Previous spy shots suggest that the Accord Crosstour looks like something that we'd feel comfortable describing as a "poor man's" BMW 5-Series GT featuring an elongated hatch and a sleek roofline.

We're still in the dark when it comes to powertrain options but Honda recently announced that the Accord Crosstour will go on sale in the U.S. this fall. More to come shortly.

Yay, no thanks, I've seen enough :eek:

spy_shots_honda_accord_crosstour_a_002.jpg

spy_shots_honda_accord_crosstour_a_001.jpg

Source:
http://www.egmcartech.com/2009/08/2...ur-teaser-released-debut-scheduled-for-sept1/

Last edited:
Yup. This product just slid straight down the shitter. I guess now we go through another round of "OMG!!!1!!111! Nobody buys t3h wagonz!!11!1!1" ...and then Honda and Toyota will stop producing the Crosstour and the Venza and we might see more wagon-likeish products from them in another 10 years.

Yup. This product just slid straight down the shitter. I guess now we go through another round of "OMG!!!1!!111! Nobody buys t3h wagonz!!11!1!1" ...and then Honda and Toyota will stop producing the Crosstour and the Venza and we might see more wagon-likeish products from them in another 10 years.

There's a difference between awesome wagons and UGLY wagons. This one will haunt my dreams.. This thing is hall of fame ugly.

Why did they change it from the first set of pictures.. that one is a heck of a lot better looking.

Honda updates Crosstour Facebook page with official response

crosstour3_lead.jpg

Whoo boy! We would not want to be on the business end of the Honda whip this week. In case your head has been in the sand, Honda put up a Facebook page showing off their new Crosstour. General reaction was, to put it Orwellian terms, ungood. What's the problem with social media marketing if you're a corporation? You give up control of your message. As it turns out, sometimes you even give up internal control, too. Which is exactly what happened when Honda's light truck product planning manager Eddie Okubo posted a defense (or is that a defenestration?) of the much maligned new CUV without divulging the company he works for. Well, he got caught.

In a novel/strange/unprecedented move, Honda has gone and posted a clarification on its Crosstour page about everything. Here's the short version, all bullet pointy like:

• The images that everyone thinks are the second coming of the Aztek are actually akin to bad yearbook photos. Put another way, the Crosstour is better looking that it looks.New photos will set you all straight.
  • This isn't the European Accord wagon (as cool as Honda knows the Euro wagon to be) because it's an Americanized version of an American Accord wagon. i.e. bigger.
  • This next part bears copying and pasting, "Many of you don't like the styling: It may not be for everyone." Though, Honda thinks among CUV buyers, the Crosstour will do well.
  • Honda can't give out any more specs sorry
  • Finally, Eddie's comment wasn't removed because Honda was embarrassed by it. His comment was removed because he violated a policy concerning personal opinions on Facebook

And there you have it -- the odd state of PR in the Facebook/Twitter age. Our thoughts? Defending a vehicle's design on Facebook isn't smart chess. Meaning that unless the comments are turned all the way off, you're just inviting buckets full of further negative comments. Don't say you know how "cool" a car that you don't sell here is and then not sell it here. If it's so cool, why can't we buy one? It's probably best to provide more than two photographs, especially two that you admit are ungood. Assuming a Crosstour Facebook page could be a good idea, people need more to chew on. Finally, poor Eddie.

Source:
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/04/honda-updates-crosstour-facebook-page-with-official-response/

:D, be careful what you do and where, somebody is always watching (especially at work of course)

Back