Spark plugs

subbing.... my turbo is oily on the compressor side as well as inside my hot pipe. blowing a small bit of blueish smoke under full boost or downshifts.

My exhaust fumes definitely smell of burning oil and I'm still getting the smoke after boosting and letting off throttle. I am boosting fine though. That's what's throwing me off..could it be an engine problem?

I was thinking mine was an inadequate PCV valve not letting enough crankcase pressure back into the intake manifold and in turn the excess pressure would make its way through the valve cover vent hose to my c/s intake and over time finding its way into the turbo. either that or the turbo seals are going out. I changed my PCV to a millena S valve and haven't lost any more oil. at least not noticing a change of level on the dipstick like I was before.

Could the pcv possibly be my problem? I'm not quite understanding how it works and can cause that.

the stock pcv valves are inadequate for our cars from the factory. under boost there is a small amount of blow by that goes into the crankcase. but since our pcv's suck, they cant allow enough of the crankcase pressure through the valve and back into the intake manifold and in turn the pressure finds its way to the closest path to release the pressure which would be the vent line from the driver side of the valve cover to the pre-turbo intake system. eventually finding its way into the turbo, intercooler, and coldpipe finally being burnt off through the combustion cycle.

This might be my problem.....about a month ago I replaced the stock intake with an injen cai. My hose that comes off the crankcase was not long enough to reach the intake so I ran it just sitting in the engine bay for a week or so. Then I finally went and got a longer hose that reached from my crankcase to intake. It has been a few weeks now since I put that hose on and now I'm getting this smoke....odd thing is..my car is pulling hard as hell but I've been afraid to push it because of the smoke.

its worth a shot. I feel that there is more to our situations than we are aware of right now but try changing the valve. it cost me $3 at autozone. mine smokes a little on hard accelerations and sometimes when I downshift to a higher rpm. my buddies msp also does the same thing.

I don't need to replace hoses or anything of that sort? Just the little valve?

correct, just the valve. replace it with a mazda millennia supercharged valve. I believe the one I bought was for a 1995 millennia s. supercharged. direct fit replacement.

Last edited:
Okay. Sweet well I went and pulled that hose off the intake and it smelled of the oily smelling exhaust gasses I'm gettinf

ya its definitely going to smell of oil and such since its connected to the open vent of the valve cover. if you see an oily residue inside the hose then id say change your pcv to the millennia and go from there.

ute3ary2.jpg

On the actual valve cover

take your pcv out and shake it up and down and listen for a clicking. your valve may be clogged or stuck shut. that seep is caused by an excess of crankcase pressure. also check if the grommet is in good shape.

It started to click after I shook it for a few seconds.'the grommet seems to be okay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweet thanks for the help man! Really appreciate it! I'll try it and give an update!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back