spark plug set up

Multiple electrodes is a gimmick. You only have one spark and one point of contact. E3s are garbage. Cheap plug with a pretty electrode. And Bosch plugs are just crap. Pulstars actually use science. Built in capacitor to increase the power of the spark. Of course NGK plugs are good to start, and the ability to adjust the part numbers easily for what you want/need is nice

the only way you will get a boggier spark is by increasing the voltage and the plug gap. pulsstars dont give you either of those. a capacitor does not increase voltage, but only stores it. capacitor plugs or plug wires are a marketing gimmick.

Everyone hates on Bosch. I use NGKs but have never had a problem with Bosch sensors or other electronics in the past. Although my WB O2 sensor is sometimes on the fritz, and its a Bosch, but that may be for other reasons.

Only the Bosch plugs are junk everything else they make is pretty good. Capacitor plugs really only show a difference at high RPM. anything below 5000 and you won't notice a difference. At high RPM you lose power from the coil since the coil takes a set amount of time to charge full power. If you have a weak coil one way to test is to keep high revs and track the misfire since the coil can't keep upthe needed voltage. I run mine up to 5000-redline more than a handful of times per day.

so thought Id throw an update on the pulstars I used back in september of last year. Hear are some pics..
just took them out just to check on them..
2012-08-01_08-33-38_304.jpg

2012-08-01_08-35-55_45.jpg

They held up pretty well i have to say..I threw some ngk's in the car and to be honest im not happy. The car was more pepy with the pulstars Ill have to order new ones next paycheck...

Back