Soul Red Crystal or Machine Grey

Ohhh, I like that brown!

The brown looks great though I think some of the effect is from the leather going straight across the dash too. Real nice. The Mazda 6 has a similar design.

It would look great to have some of the parchment leather going across the dash of the CX-5. Maybe Mazda will make a kit......?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The brown looks great though I think some of the effect is from the leather going straight across the dash too. Real nice. The Mazda 6 has a similar design.

It would look great to have some of the parchment leather going across the dash of the CX-5. Maybe Mazda will make a kit......?

If it's not listed on Japanese accessories brochure then most probably not

Personally, I prefer blue over any color. ;) With a black interior as well. :) I found it odd that the dark crystal blue only came in a tan interior for the 16.5 touring models so I went with the blue reflex mica and I love it. But if I had to pick I'd go with the gray because I'm not a fan of red.

That beige interior is beautiful! Fingers crossed it makes it to the CX-5.

Ohhh, I like that brown!

Gives it more of a premium look

I know, right!

Here's hoping that a beige/tan/brown option is one of the changes available on 2018's!

See? And to me, the leather going across the dash in the second pic, looks off to me. Unless it's the exact same leather and color, it makes it too busy. I love the color of the seats in the second (brown), but prefer the monochrome-ish look of the first - without the leather in the dash.

See? And to me, the leather going across the dash in the second pic, looks off to me. Unless it's the exact same leather and color, it makes it too busy. I love the color of the seats in the second (brown), but prefer the monochrome-ish look of the first - without the leather in the dash.

Horses for courses!

I think the CX-5 dash is very nice but maybe a touch too monotone if I'm nitpicking. I think matching leather across the dash works really well in the 6.

Horses for courses!

I think the CX-5 dash is very nice but maybe a touch too monotone if I'm nitpicking. I think matching leather across the dash works really well in the 6.

Would be nice if the CX-5 had this but still looks pretty good IMHO

I think matching leather across the dash works really well in the 6.

I should check out a 6 just to see...... maybe it's just the picture making it look like two different colors, where as in reality it does match. If so, I think I'd be sold on that for sure!

I should check out a 6 just to see...... maybe it's just the picture making it look like two different colors, where as in reality it does match. If so, I think I'd be sold on that for sure!

My 6 has black leather with red highlights across the dash. Not as distinguishable as having white leather with white sections across the dash.

Still the brushed look on the CX-5 looks classy. Goes well with either soul red or machine grey

Last edited:
Oooooh, that yummy chocolate brown with the Soul Red................

eta: So, wonder what the OP chose?

Lol...right? He/she never came back?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It is the same color. It's more auburn than brown.

Here is what the CX-9 Grand Touring trim looks like with black seats:

e5bea5910a33a66486fb64055d6606bc_2016-mazda-cx-9-grand-touring-2016-mazda-cx-9-grand-touring_1280-720.jpeg

Note that the upper dash, and the trim around the door handles and center console is dark brown. In person, the contrast is subtle but it makes the cockpit look a lot classier than the monotone black of the Sport and Touring trims. I am surprised that the CX-5 Grand Touring didn't also get the brown highlights when you opt for the black seats.

Then again, I don't like the black pillars and roof liner in the CX-9 GT and Signature. It makes the interior feel cramped.

The advantage of black pillars is they don't show any stains easily.

310ea6db5a7c570dcf77284cf1d8ae7d.jpg

Here's the interior of the 6 which I think looks pretty sharp.

Back