Some fruit cut into my soft top :mad:

Thanks for the help guys, I did not mean to upset Nate I was using the term Fruit as in the word for fruit such as apples and berrys of all sorts which is what the word means. I am sorry that it was taken out of context I was just looking for a word that wasn't going to get my post deleted or edited.

you and I both know that's not the context of the word the way it was used

but thanks for the sort of but not really apology (2thumbs)

I saw this and honestly thought from the subject line that a pineapple or something fell on the soft top and busted it! Oh, well.

Natey said:
Stitch it up with dental floss, then Shoe Goo over it. It'll be not-so-pretty, but it'll also be watertight and semi-flexible. :)

Yea what he said. I had 4-5inch long cut in my top and I patched it up with plenty of Goop without even stitching it back up and it has held for quite a while now. Yea it looks like crap but it didn't cost me a top replacement.

Sadly, the goop, once dried, is actually stronger than the top itself.

Last edited:
The term was taught to me by my mother to use insted of Jerk or asshole when I was younger. I did not mean it as he was a "***" I truly am sorry.

KpaBap said:
Yea what he said. I had 4-5inch long cut in my top and I patched it up with plenty of Goop without even stitching it back up and it has held for quite a while now. Yea it looks like crap but it didn't cost me a top replacement.

Sadly, the goop, once dried, is actually stronger than the top itself.
Cool So you guys say I should use dental floss insted of fishing line

Thegreat said:
The term was taught to me by my mother to use insted of Jerk or asshole when I was younger. I did not mean it as he was a "***" I truly am sorry.

Ugh, this has become rediculous.

Thegreat, don't sweat your word usage; I doubt there is a need for an appology. There are always those that will find offense in something, even if it's only an assumption on their behalf. I too have used the word "fruit" with no sexual-preferance connotation. Jesus people, the word "fruit", when used as slang, has been used in slang to depict a crazy or insane person long before that of implying a gay person; get off your high horse.

All in all, this is my second b**** session in this post. Hopefully, it won't turn into a debate. Unfortunatly, because of the BS and whatnot in this thread, I see it headed for either off-topic for further discussion or the dumpster for deletion.

Last edited:
Plus you've only got 8 posts. So you're expected to piss people off. Good luck patching up the softtop. You should've completely snuck up to him and whacked him good. If you injured your knee in the process, then he'd get to pay for that, too!

LZ
Z

Lord_Zath said:
You should've completely snuck up to him and whacked him good. If you injured your knee in the process, then he'd get to pay for that, too!

LZ
Z

I concur (lol)

Back