Some fruit cut into my soft top :mad:

Thegreat

Some little fruit tried to cut into my soft top the other day in a mall parking lot. Luckily, I walked up to my car right as he stuck a knife into it. I said, "What the F@&* are you doing buddy? The doors are unlocked for a reason" and he took off. I would have chased him down and given him the most savage beating of his life but I am having knee problems (stupid knee).

So do you guys know of a good way to patch it, A good patch brand or some other way to patch it? I have been to AutoZone and found some patch kits but thought I would ask you guys what you would or have done to patch your soft tops before I just up and did it. The tear is horizontal and is maybe 1 1/2 or 2 inches long right by the passengers head.

yes, blame the fruits (gun)

I'm sorry for your luck, yes people suck, but your post was about as ****** up as what he did to your car

that was so straight what he did to you car. you should go beat his heterosexual ass. goddamn vegetables.

nate0123 said:
yes, blame the fruits (gun)

I'm sorry for your luck, yes people suck, but your post was about as ****** up as what he did to your car

He has a right to call him a fruit due to insanity.

the other one would have been preferable if you ask me

little fucker...hate that s***. not too sure about patching your soft top though. put some duct tape underneath and then use something to patch it up on top.

Is it possible to help the guy without loading his thread with a bunch of nonsense? Granted the guy who cut into his top should die, but at least provide a suggestion. But come on, folks.

Anyway, I have not seen any sort repair kit for soft tops. It's possible to use some sort of black RTV to patch the hole using a 'thin-ish' line, but that's only temporary. Regardless of what you do, it's not going to look unmolested ever again :( .

yeah black RTV silicone sealer might work. i was supposed to patch a hole on my softtop with it, but never got around to it

nate, rest assured I'm sure he did not mean it to offend as you have taken it, I myself find myself calling people fags or fruits sometimes, but maybe thats cause I don't see those as gay terms. Fags, are british cigarettes, fruits are something I eat(as in Apples oranges)...though, I do see what ur saying.
Also, are you serious, you're ******* doors where unlocked and this **** was cutting the top...stupidity, only matched by great stupidty...this cunts like a double idiot...wow...darwin will take care of that b****.

Thegreat, you realize this is a protege forum, right? I've never seen a soft-top protege. ;)

But I have no idea how to fix it, so I'll stay out of it.

Stitch it up with dental floss, then Shoe Goo over it. It'll be not-so-pretty, but it'll also be watertight and semi-flexible. :)

anarchistchiken said:
Thegreat, you realize this is a protege forum, right? I've never seen a soft-top protege. ;)

But I have no idea how to fix it, so I'll stay out of it.

well he did post in the Miata section, so what do you want from him (freak)

Latest posts

Back