Solution To Flickering Fan Speed 2 Or 3 A/c

So from what I've read so far, this mode again is just a temp fix? No one has found a true fix for the problem. Is the Temp fix worth the time to see if it will work permanently or not? Right now Texas is getting pretty hot and I hate having to jack with the switch so that I can run it on 2 or 3.

I'm not sure, I tried to fix back on page 1 and it didn't make any difference. I still only get cold air on 1 and 4. Now 4 is starting to flake out on me. My connections are all tight, I thought about getting another part with the circuit board in it, but them someone posted after changing their board, they were still having the same problems. I'm not sure where to go from here, except the dealer and they quoted me like $400.

I am soo glad I found this site.. with in a few minutes I already been helped. This problem also plagues the mazda 3's as well.

I finally found a solution to MY A/C flickering on position 2 and 3 problem. Canadian dealer wanted $420CND + taxes. US dealer would be around $190US.

PROBLEM: A/C light flickers on position 2 and 3
PREVIOUSLY TRIED: Replacing switch, cleaning all contacts
RESULT: Worked for a day or 2....

SOLUTION: 1) Pull out each wire (1 by 1 so there's no color mix-up) using a tiny screwdriver to lift the tiny tab inside each wire housing.
2) Clean each contact with isopropyl alcohol or similar
3) Squeeze the connector closed with pliers
4) Re-install

Before doing this, I noticed that if I would pull the wire harness out a couple of mm, I would lose electrical contact completely (obviously). But what surprised me was that when I

would push the connector in SLOWLY to the point of just making electrical contact, only fan speeds 1 and 4 would work. I would have to push the connector in further to engage all

fan speeds. After squeezing my contacts, I now have the A/C light completely solid during ALL fan speeds, EVEN when I pull the connector out a few mm. So this worked for me!

Try it and post your results!! Put a STICKY too!!

EDIT: I JUST ADDED A PIC WITH THE PINOUT SHOWING WHICH WIRE CONTROLS WHICH SPEED... THIS MAY HELP YOU ISOLATE THE PROBLEM WIRE...

Back