Solution To Flickering Fan Speed 2 Or 3 A/c

Thanks for the INTEL. I have to turn to 4 and then slowly turn to 3 and then wiggle/turn for 2. Only 1 and 4 are trouble-free.

Edit: I Just Added A Pic With The Pinout Showing Which Wire Controls Which Speed... This May Help You Isolate The Problem Wire...

Attachments

• AC PINOUT.jpg
    AC PINOUT.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 478
Wow! Thanks. I had mine fixed once already but my said it was acting up again. I'll give this a try if she complains again.

Wow, thought I was the only one with the problem. I just replaced it with a used one that I found for $42.00. I will try cleaning the old one now thanks. Thats so funny cause mine started w/ 2 and 3 then worked up to 4.

im going to try this right now my ac has never worked on 2-3 and sometimes it flickers on 1 and 4 so i hope this works, nice write up

I think im gonna have to try this as my position 2 and 3 keep flickering/not work.

Just a quick question:

am I removing wires from the white adapter and connecting them directly into the black part (not using the white adapter part at all) ?

anyone have the problem still after attempting this?

thanks

Sorry, they moved this to the how-to section and I didn't see it for a while.... To answer your question, YES, you'll still be using the white plastick block that holds the wires in place. Let us know how it goes, k?

thanks Weborific, i did what you said and also i open the rotated switch to clean it and put new greasse. That work very good!!!!!!

my switch redo the same s***. I dont know what is the problem but when u clean contact (like this thread said) , it work but not for a long times.

Is English your second language?

My position 2 and 3 worked for about 2 months, now I am back to the same situation as I was in before.

great post!

with all the other problems I've been having i overlooked this 1 as being minor and I'd get around to it eventually.

mine flickers all the time @ any speed. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

another montrealer in need of some P5 help!

Sweet! You guys dont know how much stumbling across this how-to made me feel! Here I thought my AC switch was going out! I'll have to try this within my next few days off.

So from what I've read so far, this mode again is just a temp fix? No one has found a true fix for the problem. Is the Temp fix worth the time to see if it will work permanently or not? Right now Texas is getting pretty hot and I hate having to jack with the switch so that I can run it on 2 or 3.

Back