So long, Honda. Hello, Mazda!

In typical, modern Honda fashion, build quality was disappointing. The vehicle did not require any warranty repairs over the two years I owned it, but I did have to replace the front rotors at my expense due to brake judder. The fit and finish of my Japan-built Mazdas just can't be beat.

Based on what I read, I was expecting my Tesla to be poorly assembled and require lots of warranty repairs. It might be on fire in the parking lot as I type this, but to my surprise and delight, the fit and finish were acceptable, if not impressive for a vehicle from a company that has only been mass-producing automobiles for about 12 years. It has not required any warranty repairs...so far. The worst issue it had was a rattle caused by an extra bolt that was rolling around inside the front passenger's door that was easily resolved.
I don't know if I will ever go full electric since we often take long trips in our CX5. And you are right on Mazda's fit & finish, the build quality of our 2024 CX5 Turbo is amazing.

Just waiting for all the Mazda products to be offered as hybrids.

Great to hear your Tesla has exceeded expectations!

Back