Slow iPhone charging

teradyl

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hi guys, ever since I got my 2013 CX-5 I've noticed my iPhone 4S (iOS 5.1) has been quite slow to charge. At first I just plugged a standard apple usb cable to the hookup in the armrest. I feel like it barely does anything at all.

Because of that I just bought this PowerGen charger (https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)), but that works even weirder. It seems to charge just when it feels like it, depending if the car is on with or without the engine or if I'm actively driving or not.

Maybe someone has a recommendation for charging my iPhone in the car? Maybe I'm just spoiled and it just charges slower in the car? I just recall my other cars charging it at a much more decent speed....not like a wall socket but faster than my mazda!

I noticed a big difference between my laptop charging speed and my desktop charging speed.

I took a multimeter to each and even though they both have 5v, one had more Mamps.

Perhaps it's just a lower powered port in the car.

Ya
Its a slow charge, but better than nothing, fastest i find is directly from a plug in the wall

Find a 2 amp cigarette lighter charger. 1 amp ones are fine for topping off but 2 amps charges things up much faster.

Find a 2 amp cigarette lighter charger. 1 amp ones are fine for topping off but 2 amps charges things up much faster.

That PowerGen thing I attached a link to in the original post is a 2 amp cigarette lighter charger. Maybe I need a different one though, since it has had weird behavior. It even has the apple charging protocol though so it's supposed to charge fast!

are you talking about the usb port????

Yes, I'm talking about the usb port, it charges my iPhone so slow :(

Yes, I'm talking about the usb port, it charges my iPhone so slow :(

well there's your problem right there, its not meant to charge anything, it only has 5 volts and at i would imagine very very low current, just enough to run data for the thumbdrives you're supposed to plug into it.....

buy a usb-cigarette adapter and put that in the plug in teh console and you'll get normal charging...

Well apparently no one is actually reading my posts lol...I already bought a cigarette lighter to usb charger!!

Really what I want to know is what cigarette lighter charger everyone else uses for their phones...so I can go out and get that one.

Per the specs on Amazon it should do the trick when using the 2 amp port. Maybe you got a bad one?

Back