Show me your CX-5 wheels

20141123_073342.jpg

20141123_073602.jpg

Just bought this 2015 CX-5 GT for my wife. Got TSW Doningtons 19x8 in matte black on stock 225/55r19 tires.

Surprised how factory the stock 225/55 sidewalls look on 19x8 when it's an inch increase from stock 19x7. Very nice.

Yea, the 225/55r19 stock tires are sitting squared off with the wheels, with no apparent stretch in either direction. The tire sidewall still sticks out slightly beyond the face of the rim at 36 psi. This vehicle is mostly going to be driven as a commuter in the city and certainly never driven too aggressively, so I was glad I could keep the stock rubber.

Now from the practical end of the spectrum - ready for winter with 17" Sport Edition wheels and 215/70 17 Blizzak DVM-V1s. The wheels were on sale and were not much more than steelies - although inexpensive, the simple design is reasonably appealing, to me at least. The color is a perfect match for the Mazda OEM roof rails.

attachment.php

The close-up picture makes them look small in the wheel well - they're actually identical to the diameter of the stock 225/55 19 Toyos.

Flymo

Attachments

• Winter Wheel.JPG
    Winter Wheel.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 4,852
Last edited:
Just got the winters put on, Blizzak DM-V1s 225 55r 19s, on enkei raijin black
attachment.php

IMG_0209edit.jpg

phpmqAQzdAM.jpg

Haven't posted for awhile. But my winter set up is 16" Conti-Barum Polaris 3. Wheel covers are from Michelin bought at Canadian Tire.

I really like the style of GT 19" wheels, but I REALLY don't care for the selection & price of 19" tires... (unamused)

I picked up a set of slightly used Mazda3 18" wheels for dirt cheap off Craigslist & I got a great deal for tires from Discount Tire Direct during Thanksgiving... ;)

'14 Mazda3 s GT 18x7 +50 w/ Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season 225/60R18

ACB63B26-5EF2-4A35-9172-81EBFCF4B1DE_zpspda3yboi.jpg

26E55142-1B27-457F-8892-D4F1B7B9BA1A_zpsew0mzzlh.jpg

5E60A37F-BFA3-4C62-A722-738CA1FB24BE_zpstcu7qfly.jpg

The 3's GT wheels color is slightly darker silver & shinier than CX-5 ones... I like them. (yes)
I'll be testing how well these Goodyear in snow at Lake Tahoe next week... ;)

Interesting; I've thought of doing the very same thing. I also like the style of the 19s over my 17s, but in my case I've been reluctant to take a chance on compromising the ride quality any more than I already have by lowing my car with H&R springs. Do you notice any difference in ride quality going to the 18s? Of course you've also changed the tires, so that muddies the water even further. BTW, all things being equal, the Mazda wheels that really float my boat are the darker silver 19s off the Mazda 6. Those would really look sexy on a CX-5! Mind sharing what you paid for the 18s?

Not much difference in ride quality (60 vs. 55 series sidewall) but I feel lighter... maybe because the wet ground (from rain) or the tires haven't been broken-in yet... I just installed them yesterday. (dunno)

How much did I pay? The whole set of 4 wheels was less than what the Mazda online dealer would charge for 1 wheel... ;)

Winter Storm Mode

While winter tires aren't a necessity in my area, I found a pretty decent Craigslist deal on these. $300 for used (under 2000 miles) Blizzaks on 17" Moda MD11's for sale from a State Dept. employee who used them in Ukraine.

yeah ichiba 25mm spacers, wheels are perfectly flushed w the fenders

If you don't run any spacers....would you run into rubbing issues? wheel well/strut/suspension? would a 245/55/18 on ms3 rims without spacers give any rubbing issues?

Ag M510

Went to pickup my Wheels at Avant Garde

Picked up my
AG M510 20x8.5 +40 offset in Brushed Candy Apple Red - don't copy me, even though you probably wont want to

Tires are Pirelli 245x45x20

Rokbloker Mud flaps and lowered on H&R springs

The pictures dont do the color justice, Shiny as can be in person

The red is definitely not something i'd ever choose, but I do really like the way the tail lights compliment the color

Yeah, somebody else shares my taste. Though it's a bit to much red. Maybe, some different center caps and wheel lug nuts color would brake that up.
Lately, I have reconsidered my wheels color, because it's not cheap to change the color.
I have seen on CL, similar wheels with same color, but those had some chromed lips.

Last edited:
The red might look good for something "slammed" and "stanced". It definitely doesn't look bad and the AG wheel design looks good.

Back