Show me your CX-5 wheels

Is this anyone's? I'm sprung and have found my inspiration.
c97cded1e2475fec8f364c4b27e39ebc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love this cx5 but I assume it will be hard to find the original owner, its posted almost every other day on instagram

Thanks. They will be unique. They were $355(!), they are replicas, but still.
They will look even better, with the Corksport springs installed.
Will need to get wobble nuts and locking nut kit, which are not cheap($120).
curious what "wobble nuts" are? Can you explain?

Here is a picture, with some wobble nuts (they are bolt too):
http://www.serpentautosport.com/varinuts_edited-1.jpg
The conical "washer" has a much bigger diameter, then the nut's diameter and allows to shift to one side.
This way it will compensate for a bigger/smaller bolt pattern.
I'm installing an Audi 5x112 bolt pattern wheel, on our car's 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

I have picked up these 20"-ers. Color will change.
Any ideas on how should I paint them?
Think outside of the box.
I'm thinking, black spokes with red "lip".
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ka0lagnuw1rs1mz/securedownload.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y43nrh1ikmgf1d5/securedownload (1).jpg?dl=0

Please don't do a "time attack" red/black look. That was cool back in 2007 but is played out now. Stick to a clean look similar to the existing finish if you change it. Let the wheel design speak, not the gaudy paint.

Here is a picture, with some wobble nuts (they are bolt too):
http://www.serpentautosport.com/varinuts_edited-1.jpg
The conical "washer" has a much bigger diameter, then the nut's diameter and allows to shift to one side.
This way it will compensate for a bigger/smaller bolt pattern.
I'm installing an Audi 5x112 bolt pattern wheel, on our car's 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

how safe will the wobble nuts be at higher speeds, and seating them correctly too...I personally don't think they are reliable at highway speeds, and unsure if any true testing has been done to confirm this.

in reading through some of your posts, it seems you have access to a machine shop...I'd definitely consider filling the wheel holes and re-drilling to the correct spec for the added security.

I don't see why they would not be safe.
Think like you have a bigger hole washer and you shift it to one side and tighten down the nut on it. That "washer" is conical in shape and it will seat in the wheels conical surface, it's just shifted a bit(~1 MM) to one side. Center hub bore is holding the wheels, precisely in the center.
The nuts are not centering the wheel at all.

^ Nice artist conception, if not a actual photograph.

This one is played out?

It looks somewhat passable on the Audi but I don't think it would be the case on a CX-5, especially a blue one. It's your choice but I think that the original finish or something similar would look fantastic next to that sky blue mica paint.

I don't see why they would not be safe.
Think like you have a bigger hole washer and you shift it to one side and tighten down the nut on it. That "washer" is conical in shape and it will seat in the wheels conical surface, it's just shifted a bit(~1 MM) to one side. Center hub bore is holding the wheels, precisely in the center.
The nuts are not centering the wheel at all.

definitely understand that...just unsure of their safety behind it from the angled wobble-washer. how does the wobble-washer fare to it having one main pressure point due to the angle of the seating on the wheel, rather than spread across the washer when sitting flush? that angle producing that gap between the wheel and washer is a weak point to me...I don't see how that is completely safe when there's the room for error

don't get me wrong...not doubting the idea and it working out, this isn't the first time I've heard of people using it either, but the safety behind it is what concerns me...especially on something intricate like a wheel

The conical surface(which matters) sits completely in the wheels conical surface(100% touching each other). The bolt/nut is off center, by ~1 MM(~0.040"), that is nothing. I don't see anything wrong with this.

I'm still thinking about the wheel color, I just don't want to look like everybody else.

The conical surface(which matters) sits completely in the wheels conical surface(100% touching each other). The bolt/nut is off center, by ~1 MM(~0.040"), that is nothing. I don't see anything wrong with this.

the load will be off-axis to the bolt/nut of the wheel, resulting in an overturning movement...basically the wheel no longer pulls out straight when force is applied, it'll be an angled force, which overtime will have failure.

you're probably not going to get all 5 failing the same time, and if that happens you're probably the most unlucky person out there, but personally, it's an unwarranted risk. to each his own though, I've seen them used and haven't heard of any personal failure, only of what's been mentioned on a couple other forums before. but that can be of many subjective reasoning's (over-torqued, etc.) anyhoo, best of luck with them

as for wheel color...i still say satin black with polished lip and same finish on the portion of the spokes

Back