Show me your CX-5 wheels

Love the DWS on our 3! Please let us know how it rides on the CX-5.
18's in a DWS is what I have wanted to do the day we got the car.

2qxqadu.jpg
6o04l0.jpg

Just installed! 18x8 Enkei M52 with 235/55-18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS

Looks solid! M52s were my second choice, cool to see them on a CX-5.

Wow those M52 have the same spoke design as my MR121. I like the center of the Enkei's better. It flows around the lugs a bit better. How much does your wheel and tire setup weigh?

For those that have been curious about how RX-8 R3 19" BBS wheels look on the CX-5. These are the 19x8" +50 forged BBS wheels running skinny factory Toyo A23 225/55/19 tires that comes with the CX-5. Would be more fitting with 235 or 245 width.

ph7qwy.jpg

hxfjMD.jpg

Where it came from.

175526d1312991062-stewiefieds-rx8-2009-mazda-rx-8-r3_100189753_m-jpg

Last edited:
For those that have been curious about how RX-8 R3 19" BBS wheels look on the CX-5. These are the 19x8" +50 forged BBS wheels running skinny factory Toyo A23 225/55/19 tires that comes with the CX-5. Would be more fitting with 235 or 245 width.

Looks good!

When you call them RX-8 wheels, was there a RX-8 that came with forged wheels? Or they are aftermarket but removed from your RX-8?

Do you know their weight? Is +50 the offset?

Reason I ask, I was thinking of replacing the OEM wheels that are currently running summer tires.

Last edited:
For the US, only the R3 package in the latter years of the RX-8 came with these 19" BBS Forged wheels. Regular 09+ RX-8's came with the same styling (cast) wheels, but in 18" and silver. The 08 Anniversary Edition also came in same styling wheels in 18" (cast) wheels, but in a light gunmetal color. Lighter than that of the R3 BBS'. All are 8" in width and +50 offset.

Good luck finding the forged R3's for less than $2,000 used though.

Another option for same style 18" wheels are the 2010+ MS3's. Unfortunately, those are 18x7.5" and +52.5. Depending on the year, they come in silver or gunmetal. Wheel weight should be similar to the RX8's cast styling.

Wheel weight of the forged R3 19" wheels are ~21lbs. The cast 18's are ~22-23lbs. I have yet to find out the weight of the CX-5 GT wheels. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they are over 22lbs. Even the Mazdaspeed6 wheels 18x7 +55 are 23.5lbs.

Last edited:
Good luck finding the forged R3's for less than $2,000 used though.

That's at the upper end of what I think I would spend for a set of used wheels. I'm having trouble finding anything lighter than the 14.9 lb. OZ Alleggerita' 17x7's. Since this is a cast wheel (with additional roller forming) I would assume I could find a forged wheel that was a little lighter. I think I'd like to stay with 17-18" wheels but it seems the pickings are slim.

SayNotoPistons - btw, couldn't help notice those nice dual exhaust tips on your CX-5 pic above. What are those, please tell us more?

Thanks for the pictures! This is exactly what I plan on doing with mine.

Great looking CX-5 and nice subtle mods.

If anyone is interested in wheel fitment with offset being the focus and tire size also being factored in www.willtheyfit.com is a great website.

Judging by CJ Wilson's + TampaMS3's wheel specs you have around ~35-40mm of extra poke to play with before your wheel will protrude from your fenders.

That is not my CX-5. It is located in Japan. if I recall correctly, it has an AutoExe catback.

Finally got around to taking/posting wheel photos. Forgive the dirty car - it's been through a lot lately.

O.Z. Alleggerita HLT 17 x 7
Color: Anthracite
Weight: 14.9 lbs.

just fyi, painted black of this wheel, 17x7.5's are on clearance at Tirerack $218 bucks each I think, I'm thinking of getting them only 15lbs and is fairly affordable for some quality wheels, should look similar to MikeM's will stick out a little more since is 7.5, per offset calc will stick out 13mm more than stock.

Wheel weight of the forged R3 19" wheels are ~21lbs. The cast 18's are ~22-23lbs. I have yet to find out the weight of the CX-5 GT wheels. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they are over 22lbs. Even the Mazdaspeed6 wheels 18x7 +55 are 23.5lbs.

I think someone posted before, OEM 17 are 21-22lbs, OEM 19 are 27-28lbs

I thought about cast RX8's 18 wheels also they range from 21-24lbs, from rx8 forum earlier 5 spoke are lighter than later ones, not sure why. but these 18's can be had for 4-500 bucks on ebay

My Plasti-dippin days are over! (except for emblems and roof rails) I went from the stock 19s to 18x8 Enkei Performance M52 Painted Black w/ 50mm offset and the Continental Pure Contact with Eco Technology 235/55R-18s. It is slightly smaller in diameter overall, but I love the look and almost love the new tires more than anything. The PureContacts are beasts for being all-seasons. I did not get a chance to weigh outgoing or incoming setup. Wheels didn't come with a wheel lock though, so I'll be getting one of those. I'm finally at the point where I like the whole package - Black emblems, black roof rails, tinted windows and the wheels are icing on the cake.

I hope you guys enjoy!

a>

a>

a>

a>

just fyi, painted black of this wheel, 17x7.5's are on clearance at Tirerack $218 bucks each I think, I'm thinking of getting them only 15lbs and is fairly affordable for some quality wheels, should look similar to MikeM's will stick out a little more since is 7.5, per offset calc will stick out 13mm more than stock.

That's a great deal but it looks like they have less than 4 left now.

BTW, since the offset is the same as OEM (within 1mm) and they are 1/2" wider, that width difference will be split 50/50, inside/outside and they will only stick out about 1/4" (6mm) more.

I'm getting 20" TSW Matte Gunmetal Nurburgring's for my new 2014 that I just got and wrapping them with Nitto Motivo 255/45 ZR20's.

I'm looking at getting that exact wheel on my metro gray cx5 but can't decide if 19's or 20's

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back