Service Bulletin FIX USB playback and SMS Bluetooth!!! NB1/TOMTOM ONLY ('12-15')

I completely agree.

So, I finally found a dealership who replaced my Bluetooth module. However, I can't confirm how well it works though, because when I dropped it off with the service department, I ended up trading it in on a soul red 2016 CX5 GT.

That fixed the problem for sure! (2thumbs)

That fixed the problem for sure! (2thumbs)

So, I leased the silver 2015 GT w/Tech pkg at the end of January last year. I made the mistake of not test driving the one I ended up getting, because I had test driven four others; I figured they were all the same, so the first time I drove it was on the way home. I had throttle and transmission problems with it the whole time I had it. The dealership where I got the car claims to have replaced the transmission in April, but I continued to have problems with throttle response and the transmission downshifting, and two dealerships couldn't figure the problem out. The car was also sideswiped in a parking lot in May. The body shop never could get the doors to hang correctly, so they always rattled and rubbed along the weather stripping when going over bumps. The issue with that same dealership claiming to have replaced the bluetooth module based on this TSB, but didn't actually do anything, got me to the point where I just needed to dump the car and get something else.

When I brought it to what we'll call dealership #3, which is 15 miles (but a 45-minute drive) away from my house, to FINALLY have the Bluetooth module TSB repair performed, I asked the service advisor if I could speak with someone about running the numbers to see if trading it in was even remotely an option. I really didn't think it would be possible, but it turned out that I was only a couple of hundred dollars upside down, so I was able to trade for a 2016 GT (w/o Tech pkg this time.) The payment is $12 higher, but the new MazdaConnect system is worth the loss of the tech package options.

Last edited:
So, I leased the silver 2015 GT w/Tech pkg at the end of January last year. I made the mistake of not test driving the one I ended up getting, because I had test driven four others; I figured they were all the same, so the first time I drove it was on the way home. I had throttle and transmission problems with it the whole time I had it. The dealership where I got the car claims to have replaced the transmission in April, but I continued to have problems with throttle response and the transmission downshifting, and two dealerships couldn't figure the problem out. The car was also sideswiped in a parking lot in May. The body shop never could get the doors to hang correctly, so they always rattled and rubbed along the weather stripping when going over bumps. The issue with that same dealership claiming to have replaced the bluetooth module based on this TSB, but didn't actually do anything, got me to the point where I just needed to dump the car and get something else.

When I brought it to what we'll call dealership #3, which is 15 miles (but a 45-minute drive) away from my house, to FINALLY have the Bluetooth module TSB repair performed, I asked the service advisor if I could speak with someone about running the numbers to see if trading it in was even remotely an option. I really didn't think it would be possible, but it turned out that I was only a couple of hundred dollars upside down, so I was able to trade for a 2016 GT (w/o Tech pkg this time.) The payment is $12 higher, but the new MazdaConnect system is worth the loss of the tech package options.
Here is to hoping that this one will be more enjoyable for you, and that you found a better dealer...(drinks)

Is this module JUST for the infotainment or is it for the regular non navigation stereo also? I have a 2014 CX-5 with the bose package and i was just told by a dealership that it's for the infotainment center only. I'm thinking this is BS.

Is this module JUST for the infotainment or is it for the regular non navigation stereo also? I have a 2014 CX-5 with the bose package and i was just told by a dealership that it's for the infotainment center only. I'm thinking this is BS.

I wasn't aware the bose package could be had without the touchscreen

AFAIK, the TSB does not specify the sound system option. If you are having problems with playing your ipod (or other USB connected device), then you need to have the bluetooth module replaced (located in the glove box area) as per the TSB. Mine would always start from the same track, takes forever to load and now after having the module replaced, it starts from the last track played and loads very quickly.

It has the touch screen - the guy just said infotainment, which i think has navigation - mine does not

Infotainment is just a catch-all term for big screen systems, as opposed to the old simple radios of yore (which the Sport model used to come with). The only option is whether or not the navigation card is installed. You don't need navigation to get the bluetooth update as it involves replacing a piece of hardware behind the glove box. He may have been confused and thinking you meant a map or nav software update. Or he's just clueless.

well, the dealership said that they would not replace it because they only do it if the USB or Pandora buttons are grayed out. Feel like i need to call the other dealership in town to see if they are willing to actually do what the Service Bulletin says it will fix. I certainly have issue #2 with the USB taking forever to load and always starting with the first track on the USB. I would honestly pay to have the dang hardware replaced since it is so annoying.

Firmware of replaced module after TSB is 7.0.

---> Hold power and seek with Radio On then enter code 38

Just turn radio off to get out of mode

You will probably see 6.x with your current module. If you can get them to replace this will help confirm work was performed.

Yeah...that bug is annoying!

well, the dealership said that they would not replace it because they only do it if the USB or Pandora buttons are grayed out. Feel like i need to call the other dealership in town to see if they are willing to actually do what the Service Bulletin says it will fix. I certainly have issue #2 with the USB taking forever to load and always starting with the first track on the USB. I would honestly pay to have the dang hardware replaced since it is so annoying.

You may have to call Mazda USA to get results. The Mazda rep simply TOLD the dealer to just DO IT!
I had to call Mazda USA on my 2015 last year, and now all is well after module replacement!

I just went in to get oil changed and recall done and mentioned the TSB.
The lady said they wanted to update the firmware first and see if that fixed my problems, and if no they would look at doing the bluetooth module.
Firmware was updated to 55.00.753.
I have only cranked up 2x since I got it back, so not sure yet if problems are fixed.

BambooBen TSB and blutooth replacement is for pre 2016 cars. Firmware update is for 2016 and is correct way to go...

Firmware of replaced module after TSB is 7.0.

---> Hold power and seek with Radio On then enter code 38

Just turn radio off to get out of mode

You will probably see 6.x with your current module. If you can get them to replace this will help confirm work was performed.

That doesn't work with my '15 GT w/Tech Pkg, or I didn't do it correctly. Tried radio on, on FM and radio on, playing USB; held vol/power knob and Seek Up and Seek down, 30 seconds and 60 seconds. System does not react to such aggravation. :)

I just went in to get oil changed and recall done and mentioned the TSB.
The lady said they wanted to update the firmware first and see if that fixed my problems, and if no they would look at doing the bluetooth module.
Firmware was updated to 55.00.753.
I have only cranked up 2x since I got it back, so not sure yet if problems are fixed.

Last night on my commute home I was flipping through fav channels and realized the same song was playing on 2 channels, or so I thought. I looked down and realized that flipping though the faves was skipping a bunch of channels. I could still get to the skipped channels if I flipped back down, but then it started skipping channels in the other direction. It isn't skipping them one at a time, but whole blocks of them.

I tried to play around and figure out a pattern. So for kind of an example:
Say I have 20 faves saved. If I start at #1, it will go up to #12, and then skip the rest and jump back to #1. But then if I go down, it will jump back to #20, and let me go down the list. BUT, then at about #14 or so, it will jump back down to #4 or something.

I parked for the night and hoped it would fix itself on the next startup, but this morning it is doing the same thing.

I don't think I played the radio since I had them update on Thursday, as I was out of work for the snow we had on Friday, and Saturday's drive home was the first time I played the radio.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

I had the new bluetooth module installed about five months ago. If I have a song playing (for this example, let's say track 4 of 12) from the USB stick when I shut off the car, that same song will play when I restart the car, but all the song information will show blank with the track listing showing as 1 of 12. I can navigate through the menu back to select another song, but when I "click" on it, it won't play. Only that same track that is really 4 of 12 but currently listing as 1 of 12 will play. If I remove the USB stick, that same song will restart. I can advance through the album using the >> buttons, but no music information will display. It'll stay like this for a day or two, then work again eventually.

Over the last 5 months, I've been trying to figure out a pattern as to why this is happening, and I'm stuck. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm probably just going to have to bring it into the dealership.

I had the new bluetooth module installed about five months ago. If I have a song playing (for this example, let's say track 4 of 12) from the USB stick when I shut off the car, that same song will play when I restart the car, but all the song information will show blank with the track listing showing as 1 of 12. I can navigate through the menu back to select another song, but when I "click" on it, it won't play. Only that same track that is really 4 of 12 but currently listing as 1 of 12 will play. If I remove the USB stick, that same song will restart. I can advance through the album using the >> buttons, but no music information will display. It'll stay like this for a day or two, then work again eventually.

Over the last 5 months, I've been trying to figure out a pattern as to why this is happening, and I'm stuck. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm probably just going to have to bring it into the dealership.

The problem I have with my 2016 GT using a USB stick, is that every time I get in the car and plug it in, it always plays "The Police - Roxanne"! I have about 300 albums on this USB stick and when plugged into a PC they are all arranged by artist (alphabetically) and then the subfolders are the albums by that artist.

I could understand if it would start with the first album (which incidentally is: 10,000 Maniacs), but it chooses to start with the Police, every single time. And sometimes when I am in the middle of a song and shut the car off and come back the song will pick up where it left off and other times it's like it has rebooted and starts playing the Police again.

Mike

Back