Service Bulletin FIX USB playback and SMS Bluetooth!!! NB1/TOMTOM ONLY ('12-15')

Wow, that happened in Denver too!

Thanks! I'll do that when I get back to my car after work. I called Mazda when I got home, and all they could tell me was that I should take it back to the dealership. I called the dealership this morning and got yelled at by the service advisor, telling me that they replaced the module, and that it's normal operation for it to go back to the first song alphabetically. He said that the TSB says it's only supposed to fix connectivity issues for Apple devices, but not make any changes to the USB. When I told him that everyone on the forums say that this is supposed to fix the USB, he accused you all of lying, so I hung up on him. This is the second Mazda dealership in the Denver area that I refuse to go to, so now I'll have to go all the way down to Littleton to have it looked at again.

I had a similar experience way back in last april-may, with a service writer (in Reno) yelling at me and accusing me of lying! I wound up reporting him to Mazda Usa and they balled him out, with me hanging on the line.

They actually embarrassed him to his own manager as well. Net result was a Fed-Ex'd module the next day and installation immediately thereafter! That fixed it too!
Good Luck and I'm sure all will be fine NOW!(rockon)

I'm on the phone with Mazda corporate customer service now. I told them that I've only had the car for 10 months, and it only has 5700 miles on it, yet I've had it in for failed repairs six times now, which is more than I had my 2003 Protege in for repairs in the 12 years I owned the car. I told her that I'm not going back to the dealership I brought it to yesterday, so now I have to take it to a dealership 20 miles away, but I expressed to her that I have doubts that they'll be willing to fix it, so she's calling the dealership now.

How many of you people in the US have just called your dealer/mazda hotline and had the part ordered for you over the phone, without having to go to the dealer first & having them verify the issue, then ordering the part, and forcing you to go back a second time for an install?

San Francisco - I called the Handsfree service first, they created the case number. I called Royal Automotive, and they said "Per the TSB, we need to test and verify the issue before we can order the part."

1st, unless things at the dealers have changed which I doubt;
the labor allowed for the TSB is approx. 12 minutes (maximum 15!)
This is not a 2 HR JOB!!!

Now do the following on your radio.
Hold power and seek with Radio On then enter code 38

This should show you the firmware version. 7.0 is the new one. Just turn radio off to get out of mode. NOTE: IF THE VERSION IS ANYTHING LESS THAN VER 7.00, THE DEALER DID NOT REPLACE THE MODULE! The only way to get to version 7 is by replacing the module! The old module is not able to be flashed to version 7!!!
!

The USB track repeat issue is definitely fixed with version 7 and the NEW replacement module! You can d/l the TSB earlier in this thread (around pg 10-20) AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!

Sounds like your dealer is not understanding the fix!! Way back when (last May) Dealers were not following the replacement...they would try to flash the old modules ..THUS PRODUCING FAIL!!!!

Good luck and plz advise when they fix it! That is a MOST annoying fault, especially if your usb stick has over 20 songs!!!!
If all else fails, suggest you call Mazda USA!

It says it has version 06.03.000...so what were they doing for those two hours they had my car?

Hold powerYou mean the push start button? If yes, when do I press it? After the car has already started or while starting up? Do I press the brakes too? and seek with Radio On What do you mean by SEEK? I can't seem to find any icon/button which is called SEEK? then enter code 38

It says it has version 06.03.000...so what were they doing for those two hours they had my car?

No clue as that module appears to be easy to get at. Your issue obviously wasn't addressed. If they did swap module it was not an updated version.

It's at another dealership 15 miles away now. They claim they're going to "try to fix it," along with the transmission issue I've had it in four times for, but still hasn't been addressed.

Hold powerYou mean the push start button? If yes, when do I press it? After the car has already started or while starting up? Do I press the brakes too? and seek with Radio On What do you mean by SEEK? I can't seem to find any icon/button which is called SEEK? then enter code 38

Look at p. 5-35 of the owner manual. The row of buttons to the right of the radio touch screen are setup, seek->, and seek<-. The power button to the radio (not the start button of the car) is to the left of the radio touch screen; it's a round knob that can be twisted and pushed. You can start the car or put it in accessory mode. Then push the radio power button to turn it on. Then push and hold simultaneously the power button and one of the seek buttons until the screen changes, then enter 38 on the number pad on the screen. The version should be displayed. Push the radio power button to return to normal function.

The second dealership I brought my car to confirmed that this TSB will fix the USB problem (which I already knew, thanks to you all.) They also confirmed that my car's warranty records don't show the previous dealership ordered the new bluetooth module, so it's clear that if they did anything to the car at all, all they must have been doing was attempting to flash the new software to the old module, as you suggested. So, the new module has been ordered, but I don't know when it'll be in, or when I'll have a chance to get down to Littleton again to have it installed.

Look at p. 5-35 of the owner manual. The row of buttons to the right of the radio touch screen are setup, seek->, and seek<-. The power button to the radio (not the start button of the car) is to the left of the radio touch screen; it's a round knob that can be twisted and pushed. You can start the car or put it in accessory mode. Then push the radio power button to turn it on. Then push and hold simultaneously the power button and one of the seek buttons until the screen changes, then enter 38 on the number pad on the screen. The version should be displayed. Push the radio power button to return to normal function.
Thank you and I tried doing as you said. My issue is when I push and hold and simultaneously push one of the seek buttons - the screen starts to rapidly advance or rather seek channels. I tried both left/right seek, ensured I am doing it together with the power button but no avail.

Oh God! My dealer confirmed TSB not applicable for me since I have a 2016. My apologies. This was mentioned to me earlier under a separate thread.

Gotta Love Mazdas247!

Thanks to the OP for posting. I've been having this issue since the car was new and just accepted the fact that I was using an old ipod. Well, I decided to use an unused iphone4 as a "new" ipod and after doing a little research, came across this thread. When I plugged it into USB this morning, it also took a long time for the songs to load. I called my dealer, refreshed their memory that this was a prior issue, gave them the TSB# and they will order the part and contact me when it comes in.
(yippy)

I've had a hell of a time getting my dealership to even recognize that there was an TSB out for the car. At my 70k service I made it a point to mention it when I scheduled the service, when I dropped off the car I brought a copy of the TBS with me, and then when I picked and asked about it they claimed that "it wasn't a thing" and there wasn't anything they could do about it. Once I finally forced them to look it up, they said my car was out of warranty and it wouldn't be fixed for free.

I've had a hell of a time getting my dealership to even recognize that there was an TSB out for the car. At my 70k service I made it a point to mention it when I scheduled the service, when I dropped off the car I brought a copy of the TBS with me, and then when I picked and asked about it they claimed that "it wasn't a thing" and there wasn't anything they could do about it. Once I finally forced them to look it up, they said my car was out of warranty and it wouldn't be fixed for free.

I would contact MNAO and report how you were treated and ask if they can do anything for you. I would also never patronize that stealership's service department again.

I would contact MNAO and report how you were treated and ask if they can do anything for you. I would also never patronize that stealership's service department again.

I completely agree.

So, I finally found a dealership who replaced my Bluetooth module. However, I can't confirm how well it works though, because when I dropped it off with the service department, I ended up trading it in on a soul red 2016 CX5 GT.

I completely agree.

So, I finally found a dealership who replaced my Bluetooth module. However, I can't confirm how well it works though, because when I dropped it off with the service department, I ended up trading it in on a soul red 2016 CX5 GT.
(rei)
Would love to hear that story!

Back