Seatbelt Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love people who think wearing a seatbelt is a hassle.... I'm an EMT, let me just say I've seen TOO many accidents from people not having their belts on... EVERYONE thinks that you dont wear your seatbelt you fly out the windsheild... of course if your 5'2 100 pounds, but an average man wont fly through it, but they will be impaled between the steering wheel, the airbag, the dash, and your seat. It's downright idiotic not to wear your belt.
I was on a call not so long ago where a 20 yr old man, driving a mazda 6, got rear ended, hit a guard rail, and was not wearing a belt. Hes head literally pulled the s*** out of the steering and from the force, his knees went up and banged the steering wheel... he cracked his skulll completely open, broke his top 5 vertebrae and is still in the hospital because of brain swelling....

Long story short and to get to the point of this lecture... CLICK IT, its not that hard, nor embarrassing for all you "tough guys".... Seriously the seatbelt is something everyone needs to wear because their are messed up drivers out there~

Ok im done being a protective over blabbing women... just wear it the beeping will stop!

italgal02 said:
I love people who think wearing a seatbelt is a hassle.... I'm an EMT, let me just say I've seen TOO many accidents from people not having their belts on... EVERYONE thinks that you dont wear your seatbelt you fly out the windsheild... of course if your 5'2 100 pounds, but an average man wont fly through it, but they will be impaled between the steering wheel, the airbag, the dash, and your seat. It's downright idiotic not to wear your belt.
I was on a call not so long ago where a 20 yr old man, driving a mazda 6, got rear ended, hit a guard rail, and was not wearing a belt. Hes head literally pulled the s*** out of the steering and from the force, his knees went up and banged the steering wheel... he cracked his skulll completely open, broke his top 5 vertebrae and is still in the hospital because of brain swelling....

Long story short and to get to the point of this lecture... CLICK IT, its not that hard, nor embarrassing for all you "tough guys".... Seriously the seatbelt is something everyone needs to wear because their are messed up drivers out there~

Ok im done being a protective over blabbing women... just wear it the beeping will stop!

agree with her~ if you think its a pain in the ass.. then try in getting in an accident without a seatbelt once. it freaks you out.. (lesson learnd..) if you think its uncool.. get a 3/4 point harness. .tats otta be cool enough~
Peace out..

italgal02 said:

Thank you.

seatbelt

The post was about how to turn off the chime that tells you to put on your seatbelt. Even if it's turned off that dosn't mean it's not going to be worn and nobody realy cares about your personal reasons, or opinions about wearing or not wearing a seatbelt.

jhoak123 said:
The post was about how to turn off the chime that tells you to put on your seatbelt. Even if it's turned off that dosn't mean it's not going to be worn and nobody realy cares about your personal reasons, or opinions about wearing or not wearing a seatbelt.

yea...to turn off the chime... wear the seatbelt. Easiest most convienent way!

jhoak123 said:
Very true! Not Only is the car telling me what to do ,but now other people are trying to also.

screw that! Two days ago the fkn cops took my license for not having my seatbelt on ... (bang)

silver3 said:
Very true! Not Only is the car telling me what to do ,but now other people are trying to also.

You wanna drive with no belt? sure, go for it, your call! Just don't wreck your nice Mazda 3 with that same attitude ;)

Just wear it

The beep is good. Now I find myself wearing my belt in every car I jump into by force of habbit. Now that jealous Ford Focus will see me in court instead of in the ground!!!!!

Not wearing a belt..... (drunk) (bike) (butthump) (angel)

seat belt

ok, people I really wanna know how to get rid of it. Just to open my doors parked and JAM!!!!!!!!!!! Does anybody know.

just thougth of something.. really stupid way of doing it..
go to the junk yard and then rip one of the old buckle off from the belt.. and then stick it in the slot.. then that would work?!? its a hassle sometimes i guess?

Went to the dealer on 10-30-04 and had the chime turned off it took about 15 min, they didn't care why and there is no charge. It would be nice to do it yourself so you dont have to go to the dealer, but it better than cutting wires.
For all you that will say just where your seatbelt I do I just dont need to listen to the chime when Im parked. I also dont need a computer to tell me that my doors open, or that my headlights are on, but maybe you do. So what dose that say about your mental ability

jhoak123 said:
For all you that will say just where your seatbelt I do I just dont need to listen to the chime when Im parked. I also dont need a computer to tell me that my doors open, or that my headlights are on, but maybe you do. So what dose that say about your mental ability

*lol* chill man, no need to get personal :) because I'm SURE you never forget your lights... thanks to mazda's fancy automatic lights... your flatulence probably has no odour as well ;)

C-hatch said:
just thougth of something.. really stupid way of doing it..
go to the junk yard and then rip one of the old buckle off from the belt.. and then stick it in the slot.. then that would work?!? its a hassle sometimes i guess?

That's exactly what I did. Go to your local pick-your-own-part salvage yard and get two buckles to plug into the slots beside each front seat. Of course, you probably won't find any Mazda3s at the salvage yard yet, but I found that the buckles from a mid-to-later 90s Contour/Mystique work perfectly.

Also, Silver3's question was "how to shut off the seatbelt reminder", not, "please preach to me because I don't want to wear a seatbelt". I for one don't wear a seatbelt, but that is MY choice, and I'm sure that Silver3 probably feels the same way. Some of you need to worry more about yourselves and less about others! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It doesn't say anything about our mental ability, it says that we don't have an ego the size the moon that tells us we never make a mistake.

jhoak123 said:
Went to the dealer on 10-30-04 and had the chime turned off it took about 15 min, they didn't care why and there is no charge. It would be nice to do it yourself so you dont have to go to the dealer, but it better than cutting wires.

I always wear mine. I feel "naked" without it. The car beeps if I dont put it on, so that alone is enough to drive me into wearing the seatbelt.. But no worry here because I am a big seatbelt advocate myself.

You know, it's funny how this thread turned into an argument about wearing or not wearing your seatbelt as it also happened on the the "other" mazda3 forum. I'm sure the initial poster, like me, is responsible and wears the seatbelt everytime he is driving. However, when just moving your car in a parking lot or out of your garage, parking and waiting while the motor is running, etc, that beeping gets annoying if you don't WANT to put your belt on when it's an inconvenience. I came across those situations quite often and finally decided to go to the dealer and have them permanently disable it. At first, the service guy had no clue what I was talking about, but when I said it was mentioned in the manual that it could be done, he didn't waste any time to hook up the computer and shut it down within a minute or so.

I know how important it is to wear a seatbelt as I was almost killed in a head-on collision 12 years ago and like kacy said, I feel "naked" without it. I probably wear mine more than most people. But in those situations where I don't NEED to wear it, that damn beeping was really getting annoying.

JT

Since this has degraded into a pissing match about mental capacity and personal responsibility (in other words, completely off topic), I'm gonna go ahead and shut it down. Should have been done a long time ago.

(locked)

p.s. Airman Jack: U.S. models don't have "fancy automatic lights"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back