Scuffed Rim!

:
2021 Acura RDX
So, my poor 17 GT suffered curb rash when I was trying to parallel park tonight. I am so mad! Its not that bad, but I am going to have the rim refinished. Ill try to get some pics up.

Isnt there some rubber that sticks out a bit on the 225/50/19s that come stock? I thought for sure I would hit that before the actual rim? I was told by my local auto (full service) car wash that the plastic lined guide rails for the conveyor system will protect scratching if you hit one. Is that true?

Anyway, just wondering who else has banged up rims?

No rubber sticks out

Maybe you should get kerb feelers:

user26998_pic24901_1273945370.jpg

Does rubber stick out on other cars?

I am SO getting those! Does anyone have any suggestions for a glove or something to use when getting gas? I hate when theres gas on the pump and I then I smell like it

Does rubber stick out on other cars?

Depends. On my Mazda 6 it doesn't or if it does it's very negligible

I am SO getting those! Does anyone have any suggestions for a glove or something to use when getting gas? I hate when there’s gas on the pump and I then I smell like it

Just get some disposal gloves. They should be cheap.

I actually thought the 17 GT’s were somewhat concave and would have some protection from the tire sidewall.. Am I totally wrong?
Maybe that's why in some markets (Japan and Australia), they offer side camera so as to prevent this from happening

I always aim for an imaginary curb 6 - 12 inches away from the real one and my wife and daughters who have their own cars have been “briefed” to do the same thing!

How does the Kerb feelers work?

"The devices are fitted low on the body, close to the wheels. As the vehicle approaches the kerb, the protruding feelers scrape against the kerb, making a noise and alerting the driver in time to avoid damaging the wheels or hubcaps."

"The devices are fitted low on the body, close to the wheels. As the vehicle approaches the kerb, the protruding feelers scrape against the kerb, making a noise and alerting the driver in time to avoid damaging the wheels or hubcaps."
Got it. Thanks! And that's assuming we get to hear the noise it's suppose to make. [emoji16]

Maybe that's why in some markets (Japan and Australia), they offer side camera so as to prevent this from happening

The 2018 Mazda6 (in Signature trim most likely) will finally get 360 camera here in North America. That is good news as that paves the way for that tech to consequently show up in other models in the future.

The 2018 Mazda6 (in Signature trim most likely) will finally get 360 camera here in North America. That is good news as that paves the way for that tech to consequently show up in other models in the future.

Agreed it is good news. Probably should have added the 360 camera to the 2018 update of the CX-5!

If you have the side mirror angled just right, you should be able to see the kerb

Back to the Sixties with those curb feelers. Those were standard equipment n most of the big cars in that era.

No, but they were a common dealer/owner installed option in the 50s. (I was there!) Pretty much fell out of favor in the sixties.

Last edited:
Back