Sahlen's Six Hours at the Glen ~ June 30 - July 1, 2012

try to get a brigade of hot dog hats on TV :) I'll be watching the race (more than likely with a huge ice pack on my knee) on my couch at home, living vicariously through you all.

sean, what made me think it was your shoulder??? how's the rehab going?

not sure.. maybe another mazda person has a bum shoulder?

the surgery is 10am tomorrow morning. Rehab will be 4-6 weeks depending on how bad my patella tendon looks tomorrow morning. As Phen will tell you, I was in bad shape even back in May at NJMP.

ok, i thought it was the shoulder and you already had the surgery...wish you the best tomorrow!!! see you at lrp! no limping either!

Mahk, i got us a room at the same place you are at. and Phen is staying with us too. I'd like to check out the bar at Seneca Lodge, maybe for dinner Sat night. I've heard cool things about it and they have microbrews ... you know we like our beer ... or beeah!! : )

Mahk, i got us a room at the same place you are at. and Phen is staying with us too. I'd like to check out the bar at Seneca Lodge, maybe for dinner Sat night. I've heard cool things about it and they have microbrews ... you know we like our beer ... or beeah!! : )
awesome! sounds great!
Dude! It's actually quiet now!
i'll believe it when i "hear" it! :)

lauri, we should prob make a reservation...how many do you think will be joining us? just us 5? i'll call them

lauri, we should prob make a reservation...how many do you think will be joining us? just us 5? i'll call them

Good idea, mahk! it's just us 5 that i know of, unless the other's that have posted on this thread want to join us, but i'm confused as to how many there are ...

i'd start at 6 people for 7:00pm? sound good? race is over at 530p and that way we could check in and freshen up a bit before dinner and beah!!

thanks!!

Did ppl receive their ticket in mail or picking them up at the track ?
at the track
Looking forward to tomorrow. Hoping to arrive @2pm
see you then, call me and i'll come get you at the main gate 4 i think
Count me in too guys :cool:
will do!
Good idea, mahk! it's just us 5 that i know of, unless the other's that have posted on this thread want to join us, but i'm confused as to how many there are ...

i'd start at 6 people for 7:00pm? sound good? race is over at 530p and that way we could check in and freshen up a bit before dinner and beah!!

thanks!!

7 @ 7! i'll call first thing tomorrow...night guys...see you in ny!

i remembered after the fact that we get our parade laps after the race on Saturday, but that should still give us enough time. If we find out during the day what time the laps will actually be happening, we can call and move the reservation back a bit.

ALSO, anyone think i should bring the easy-up? depending on what car we take and who all is driving in it, maybe i'll throw it in there ... going to be warm and sunny ... unless we find a tree to gather shade from ...

We will have a special surprise for some of our attendees, so make sure you find Lauri, Phen or myself. We will be at the track in a few hours, we are in the MSP!

Back home by 9pm. Border was a breeze.

Marlon and Lauri, thanks for a great weekend. Had a blast as usual. Best of luck with the surgery. Keep us in the loop Lauri.

Mark, thanks for booking the room. It was great to see you again, even if you are a grandpa.

Phen and Tony, great to see both of you and happy birthday Phen.

Here's hoping to see the gang at LRP

It was awesome going to a track other than NJMP. It nice to see some familiar faces as well as meeting some new people. Thank you Lauri and Marlon for making this event really fun and for making us feel just at home. It was rally cool driving on the track even though we were in the Mazda 2. We plan on coming out again to The Glen in August as well as LRP for the final race.

Last edited:
Back