Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen ~ June 28 - 30, 2013

Coppertone

:
'04 Mazda6s Hatch
Mazda Corral Offer for the Sahlens Six Hours of The Glen, June 28-30th

See YOU at the races!!!

Last edited:
I went to this race last year and had full Mazda/SpeedSource VIP access. What an experience!!

The Glen is an awesome track too! Lots of great vantage points.

Go check it out!

Anyone who can make it totally should try. Great area of the country for many things on top of the racing... in case you need something to convince the significant other to go too. Hahaha. Wine country!

Jen asked me today if I wanted to go. We are looking into room prices now. Any suggestions?

Seneca Lodge if you can get in early enough. Other than that... there are a number of hotels within an hour away. It's not the most metropolitan area, so anything you can find, you should snag.

Jen asked me today if I wanted to go. We are looking into room prices now. Any suggestions?

it's going to be small independently owned hotels in Watkins Glen and Montour Falls. We've stayed in some less than desirable ones, and some decent ones. When I have time later, I'll rack my brain and give you the good the bad and the ugly.

if you're looking for a chain, it's going to be in Bath, about 40 mins from track. It's more fun to stay in/near the Glen, but money talks. As Phen mentioned, I've heard Seneca Lodge is nice as long as you stay in the 'hotel' part.

We are also looking into camping too for those who are interested.

I'll look into Seneca Lodge. I think we are going to try to get a chain hotel though. Jen and I are a little weird when it comes to hotels.

Don't blame ya Larry. I get a little skeeved by the ones that are one floor with 20 rooms or so on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. And if you should book one but the "O" in Hello is burnt out....keep driving. ;)

motelhell1.jpg

And yes, I have seen the movie....years ago. Classic B-rated horror. lol

Don't blame ya Larry. I get a little skeeved by the ones that are one floor with 20 rooms or so on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. And if you should book one but the "O" in Hello is burnt out....keep driving. ;)

motelhell1.jpg

And yes, I have seen the movie....years ago. Classic B-rated horror. lol

LOL we've had our experiences in a couple of those too!

The Relax Inn in Montour Falls is nice. Small family owned joint, you have to call to make reservations, as is with most of the small inns. It's clean (most important factor) and close to the track.

Stay away from the Villager Hotel. Although I've heard that the newer rooms in the building with the pool are nice (i think Ray and Chris had a room there), we've always gotten stuck in the old building and it's small and WAY outdated ...

ditto with Glen Way (inn?) WAY WAY outdated!!!!!!!!!!!

The place we stayed at last year with Mahk and Bruce was interesting. The motel part looked cool, but we were in a converted split level house. the room was HUGE, clean and AC worked, but it was pricy ~$150/night. I'm cheap, my budget is usually under $80/night. : )

I spoke with Rob the ticket person at WGI and we are putting together a couple of packages for camping as well as hospitality too! So stay tuned for updates...

Should have pricing for a a weekend ticket and Mazda Only Camping Package by weeks end!

We have put together a great event @ The Glen........We have an Exclusive Mazda Only Camping Area set up for this event! Here are the details:

Watkins Glen International invites all Mazda Enthusiasts to join us
for the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen Weekend
Club Special Includes
• Two Weekend General Admission Tickets
• Backstretch Reserved Camp Site
• Mazda Corral For All Participants
• On Track Parade Laps (Schedule Permitting)
• Children 19 & Younger Are FREE
*Limited Tickets Available For This Special Price*
Offer Expires June 14th, 2013
Call: Rob Roessel (607-535-2486 x351)
rroessel@theglen.com
June 28th–30th, 2013
MAZDA OWNERS SPECIAL OFFER
$120

Anyone who can make it totally should try. Great area of the country for many things on top of the racing... in case you need something to convince the significant other to go too. Hahaha. Wine country!
Watkins Glen is Great racing history once you delve into it . i just rediscovered it in 2007. Went to Rolex last year and always attend Vintage and Historic racing. Very fan friendly place too.
I wont make this trip but i am delighted that the get together and corral is happening. Well done !

Back