Rx8 Engine temperature

mp5turbo

:
protege5 swap mazdaspeed 2003.5
Hello,I'm looking into purchasing a Mazda Rx8 and I test drove one yesterday. The thing that I questioned was the fact that the temp gauge for the engine was sitting 1/4 of the way over the midpoint towards hot. The weather outside was 0 degrees celcius(Freezing temperature) and had a cold air intake. The engine hadn't been running for long which had me a little worried, is this normal?

The termp gauge always indicates 6/10 of the way from cold to hot (exactly where you describe). It is not a fully functional gauge. What you saw is normal. Check my FAQ thread for a lot of other useful info for your search.

On another note, your MSP swapped P5 is awsome! I had a P5 and frequently wish i still had it.

There is a lot of tribal knowlege about RX8's that will make your purchase decisions easier. Read the FAQ and ask questions, let us help you where we can. I have no doubt that your MSP5 is a blast, an RX8 would make a perfect addition.

The termp gauge always indicates 6/10 of the way from cold to hot (exactly where you describe). It is not a fully functional gauge. What you saw is normal. Check my FAQ thread for a lot of other useful info for your search.

On another note, your MSP swapped P5 is awsome! I had a P5 and frequently wish i still had it.

There is a lot of tribal knowlege about RX8's that will make your purchase decisions easier. Read the FAQ and ask questions, let us help you where we can. I have no doubt that your MSP5 is a blast, an RX8 would make a perfect addition.

I recently sold it! Man I miss it, was an awesome machine that just made sure you were smiling as long as you drove it! Thank you so much for all the info! It is greatly appreciated!

Yeah, I'm not driving the MSP right now, but the RX8 makes me miss it. My MSP would murder the RX8 in any type of race. At least I get to have both.

I miss both of my Mazdas. I have been stuck driving a mid 90's Nissan for the last year. Both of my Mazdas are in storage in the states. I will never take having a nice car for granted again.

Back