RX-8: I'm gonna do it (within a year)

Donas64 said:
arguably?

No doubt about it the MS3 would blow the DOORS off an RX-8. That RX-8 would be seeing the MS3's rear so fast, it would make your head spin!

I'm not so sure... unless you can hack the MS3 ECU with its torque control

Donas64 said:
arguably?

No doubt about it the MS3 would blow the DOORS off an RX-8. That RX-8 would be seeing the MS3's rear so fast, it would make your head spin!
True... but that rotary is what makes all the difference in the world. If you can be in love with an engine, I am. :) I've taken one out twice at the dealer where I work; last time, I took it up to 200kph (about 125mph - don't worry, it was daylight and there was no one else on the road). At those speeds, the engine just sings. (first)

Plus, the lines on the car are just so damn sexy! And titanium is the way to go, but the copper garnet makes a pretty good argument for itself.

Relentless Pro said:
I wish the one in my avatar got released

<------------

you know, that car is still sitting somewhere in the basement of MNAO Headquarters in Irvine (naughty)

MyZmZm said:
True... but that rotary is what makes all the difference in the world. If you can be in love with an engine, I am. :) I've taken one out twice at the dealer where I work; last time, I took it up to 200kph (about 125mph - don't worry, it was daylight and there was no one else on the road). At those speeds, the engine just sings. (first)

Plus, the lines on the car are just so damn sexy! And titanium is the way to go, but the copper garnet makes a pretty good argument for itself.

Yeah, I've done the same with my RX-8, 205 km/h for a long stretch of road. There is no better feeling. And the engine puts out no vibrations. So damn smooth. But basically, once your high in the rev band, the car has no problem keeping up with other cars that have just a litle more horsepower, it's just off the line where it kills the acceleration.

Last edited:
Anyways, for those who may prefer the new MS3, keep in mind that you can't try it before you buy it (at least here), so you better trust those "first drive" articles (on smooth track courses) ;)

I would love to drive an RX-8. The sweetest car I've had the opportunity to drive that would be comprable is a Nissan 350. Talk about intoxicating. That car and the G35 Coupe would probably be my choice for cars sports cars that I would purchase if I had my way.

Talk about an intoxicating rush of torque!

I don't think I could live with the lack of Torque in the RX-8

Donas64, the lack of torque aint soo bad, go try an rx-8 iof you can and just rip it you'll know what I mean. Oh and the RX-8 is extremely easy to drift around corners.

i like the rx8 better than the ms3. it is not a porker, its rwd and sexy as hell. i dont think it matters what mazdaspeed does to the 3 it sure aint outhandling a rx-8. what does the rx-8 do in the 1/4? I thought it was a high 13 second car with a good launch? Dont think the ms3 will break 14.5 stock and the next run you are heatsoaked like a msp where as the rx-8 at least stays consistant.they are both sweet, but with RX-8s going for around 20Gs canadian now that snow is coming id take the rx8 and grab a turbokit and a winter beater with the leftover cashola/.

Yes, I see a lot of around that price. RX8 GT 2004 38000KM for 20995$CAD.
I'm so tempting to buy one for next summer. I love my MP3, but I think is time to move on to a better one.

The gas consumption scare me off and not sure how well it goes on snow.
Guys, pls encourage me to buy one!

You'll need snow tires for sure for your location. Mine stays in the garage most of the winter so that was not a concern of mine.

Winter Tires are a MUST in Canada. Especially ONT and QC. People running with 4 seasons are risking their lives.

Even with my MP3, I have a good set of winter tires.
I can't afford another car neither.

So whatever happened?

I think I'm chickening out on wanting a car payment.... it's been so nice living without one especially since I have a mortgage now... trying to sell my Protege right now and buy an older 5-series (probably an E34). Plan is to throw in a thousand or save three thousand.

About the same gas mileage, but don't think I want to live without 4 real doors and a trunk. :D

Yeah repairs blah blah blah.... but I'm not going to put a lot of miles on it. :) And I can afford repairs without a car payment.

Latest posts

Back