Rola Roof Rack

suniri

:
2007 Mazda 5 Touring
Anyone has installed/seen/experienced Rola Sport Roof Rack for Mazda 5.

http://www.rolaproducts.com/shop/details.asp?ProdID=59834

I am in the market for a roof rack and thinking either of Inno IN-XR or Rola Sport. Both products are priced at around $220. I have a Rola hitch bike rack and am very satisfied with its build quality, but it is very difficult to find any review on the roof rack. Any thought?

Autoanything charges tax in California. ORS Racks Direct gives best price for INNO rack at $220.

I got the INNO from autoanything for 195$ too.

IMHO: They are much noisier and harder to install/remove than the OEM racks I had before.

I thought the INNO was a little difficult too, but smear the slightest amount of lithium grease on the flat plastic piece the the lock snaps against and the friction is greatly reduced when you fold up the lock mechanism after tightening. If that makes any sense.

I thought the INNO was a little difficult too, but smear the slightest amount of lithium grease on the flat plastic piece the the lock snaps against and the friction is greatly reduced when you fold up the lock mechanism after tightening. If that makes any sense.

Yeah, it makes sense, but the OEM one uninstalls by unlocking the end and untightening (by hand) a bolt (one per post). Whereas the INNO requires one to unlock the end, and remove two bolts per post with an allen wrench, and that still leaves the unsightly nubs, which is another bolt per post.

Just bought the INNO IN-XR for $219 shipped, just have to drive 15 minutes to the US to pick up.

So it seems that very few have installed Rola Roof Rack. Then the remaining option is either INNO IN-XR or Thule 460 Podium. Thule is a bit pricey and comes with 50-inch crossbars. Any suggestions?

The Inno looks like a quality product and working with the moonroof as seen in Page 18 of the Roof Rack thread is a huge plus over the Thule and Yakima. Thule is a proven quality product, you won't go wrong with them, but I think you're also buying into the brand name. Up to you. I just buy whatever works well and gives me the best bang for the buck, no need to be a brand name w***e, although it seems the Yakima wind fairing works best with the moonroof.

Yeah, it makes sense, but the OEM one uninstalls by unlocking the end and untightening (by hand) a bolt (one per post). Whereas the INNO requires one to unlock the end, and remove two bolts per post with an allen wrench, and that still leaves the unsightly nubs, which is another bolt per post.

I got you. You are referring to the mounts themselves. If you can drill a hole precisely enough, you could make the INNO's one-bolt removable too. I don't have a drill press, otherwise I'd do it.

I got the Inno for $180 from auto anything during the black friday sales deals. I do notice wind noise but I dont intend to leave it on there when I'm not using it. I like it so far but I dont like you have to recenter the load bars every time you remount it, I will just make an alignment mark and problem solved. I do like that the mounts can be left for quick installation. The caps for them snap on and off easily and dont look too bad at all. To completely remove it can be a pain but there really is no need to do that IMO. Lastly, I love that its NOT black, its almost like jewelry for the roof :)

Back