Help! Inno or Thule roof rack owners

Davicho

:
ZoomZoom
Hey guys I need to know and confirm before I buy a roof rack if either the Inno IN-XR or the Thule (460 podium, LB50 bars, fit kit 3080) will clear the opening of the factory moonroof? The ROLA rack I had was too low and my moonroof would not clear to open fully. Please help anyone that has either of these racks on their Mazda5 with a moonroof. TIA

my thule 460 with lb50 bars will not let the roof open fully. with some spacers, it might. it is very close. i can open the roof to vent, but not fully open.

Damn! Its beginning to look like the only option to have a fully functional moonroof if the OEM route. Of course the most expensive one too. Anyone have a used OEM Mazda roof rack for sale cheap?

Damn! Its beginning to look like the only option to have a fully functional moonroof if the OEM route. Of course the most expensive one too. Anyone have a used OEM Mazda roof rack for sale cheap?
I have the inno for my 2010 Mazda 5, i can open the moon roof all the way with the rack there

Wow really?? Do you have the IN-XR Inno rack? Would you be kind enough to email me or text me a picture? PM me and I'll give you my info. Thanks.

I have the Inno rack and can confirm that the moon roof DOES clear the rack, but only if you don't have anything attached to the rack! With my 2 bike racks installed I cannot open the moon roof fully! I can open it 75% but not slide it open. Think of it as an extended vent position. but thats it. The Inno racks would have to be as tall and ugly as the OEM racks for the moon roof to be full operational with a loda onthe bars. but if your buying the Inno's then you've already accepted the lower height of the system!

I have the Inno rack and can confirm that the moon roof DOES clear the rack, but only if you don't have anything attached to the rack! With my 2 bike racks installed I cannot open the moon roof fully! I can open it 75% but not slide it open. Think of it as an extended vent position. but thats it. The Inno racks would have to be as tall and ugly as the OEM racks for the moon roof to be full operational with a loda onthe bars. but if your buying the Inno's then you've already accepted the lower height of the system!

Thanks but I actually have not bought any rack yet. I am still researching. I had a ROLA rack with a Yakima basket on it but the rack's crossbar sat too low for my moonroof to slide open so I sold it and now I'm trying to see if either the Inno or the Thule rack have enough clearance for the moonroof to slide open including my Yakima basket. The OEM sounds like is beginning to be the only choice...hmmm

Does anyone know what the "new" style is for the OEM Mazda 5 roof rack? Is it this one?
http://mazdagear.com/ImageGallery.mvc?productId=233

Or this one?
http://www.papayapc.com/2011/08/28/mazda-5-factory-roof-rack-review/

I'm told it's the latter, but all evidence points to the more "rounded" one. I just bought a new one from a Mazda dealer and received the second.

EDIT: think I found my answer here. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123734815-Roof-Rack-For-The-Mazda5-Thread/page26

Post #387. Odd that every dealer and corporate Mazda still use the old photo for the newer rack.

Last edited:
Back