Replacing PCV Valve

CrazyCaker

:
'10 Stang GT / '06 Mazda5 GT
Has anyone here replaced the PCV valve on their CX-7 themselves? How did you do it? It looks like it's located up behind the intake manifold, and when I tried to get at it it's nearly impossible! Do you have to remove the intake manifold just to change it? Mazda has it listed as a 2.5 hr job, so I'm assuming it is required. Why would Mazda put it in such a ridiculous spot?!

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

typically, PCV valves are designed to last between 60 and 100,000 miles. Which would be why it's in a closed location. It's not an uncommon practice. Before production haulted, ford placed the 12V Vulcan V6's PCV valve right smack in the middle of the intake manifold, requiring partial removal of the manifold to replace. The B5 S4's PCV valve hose system is similarly a PITA to replace, and also fails frequently. Removal of the Throttle body or reaching from underneath the car would be the only general recommendations I can make.

^ Thanks. I've got 140k Kms on the CX-7. Yes it gets driven a lot lol. Guess I'm going to be removing things to get at it, a real PITA to say the least.

pcv

The "valve" you refer to behind the intake manifold is actually just a straight piece of pipe with nothing inside. That is why the maintenance schedule does not have a pcv valve maintenance. I have the factory service manual.

The "valve" you refer to behind the intake manifold is actually just a straight piece of pipe with nothing inside. That is why the maintenance schedule does not have a pcv valve maintenance. I have the factory service manual.

Sorry, but you are wrong. You might want to take a better look at that service manual you have. I've changed it, so if you're telling me I changed a piece of pipe with nothing in it, and not the bright green/orange pcv valve, I have no idea what you are looking at.

edit: please don't confuse the egr tube with what I was asking about.

Back