Project: P5 Rescue! making a clean Daily from two cars.

Lol. I actually thought of doing 3x blazing yellow one black lol. Silly though.

Ill keep ny eyes open fo cheap wheels. Something with a painted spoke, polished/machine lip. Having fassion wheels around isn't a big deal.. tires.. kinda.

Progress. I have a bunch of sanding to do but filled the casting nicely. Was second guessing the color choice but saw it on a venza yesterday and its pretty sexy. I might add some sunbeam gold fx if I still have any.. to the clear..dunnoyet.

skills. i'd like to take on some painting projects but i dont have the proper space for doing it. rattle can projects already kind of make their way into the house when done in my garage

I'm just lucky my boss allows it. Then again the number of times he has been late paying me this year, he can stfu..find another painter that can do this stuff and will work for woodshop rates lol....
I'm just not in a position to challenge auto body ticket.
I'd have to go back and do highschool english to qualify and I just do not want to spend my limited time analyzing poems or writing stories...

I've heard a busy auto painter can make like 100k. But I doubt the average can expect anywhere close to that. I definitely getting too old to bust my ass hcore 50-60hrs per week. Realistically I'd make...$25-$30/hr. But have a bunch of debt to pay off. I might break even in 10 years..

Of course there are a ton of qualified auto painters, but not so many millwork finishers who do the ultra high end work we do.

For the risk, I suppose there is more money to be made.. but I have a family to think about. And a wife that doesn't make what I make.
People always say its never too late to go back to school.. but its almost impossibly expensive in north america without some kind of help. There also isn't nearly the job security there was on my parents time.

They say the number one cause of health problems is chronic stress heh. I guess there are advantages to the trades afterall. I figured I do something acedemic... but i couldnt imagine sitting at a desk..

not my first choice in wheels, but they look pretty good. i might have gone a little too dark with the color but meh. very rich color.

new tires feel nice. not super awesome performance tires but $400.. good enough to get me to work low and slow =)

there is someone selling some msr 044 fully painted black with half ass tires locally.. im HALF tempted to pick them up for the wife, but im not keen on her rolling 215/40 tires.. he wants $400 which isnt bad as the rims look decent. kind of envisioning a titanium grey spoke with a marbled magenta lip. she wants pink wheels.. with her black car its possible pink spokes could work.. but i think she would be happier with a more subtle hint of pink lol.

might not even get them though. the style isnt realy my taste at all and the tires kinda... no name and mismatched. same size but two summer and two all season heh.

its in the back of my brain but i might skip it and buy other things.. like the corksport exhaust i had wanted and wont be able to buy if i dont buy it really soon....

The msr044 kinda reminds me of the mp3 racing harts with thinner spokes. They might look good on a p5.

Btw how car bc protgs when it comes to rust? Might have to fly over there and buy one lol

The msr044 kinda reminds me of the mp3 racing harts with thinner spokes. They might look good on a p5.

Btw how car bc protgs when it comes to rust? Might have to fly over there and buy one lol
Look on kijiji or cl, they are very clean compared to Ontario cars, but they also cost more $$

People want 4-6k for a clean one with low miles. On the island we don't get very much snow just a lot of rain. My speed is rust free except for the trunk lid.
Wifes es, vancouver car has a few little spots on the front strut tower, but undercoated so the rest is clean. Lots of cars look good in pictures but have the fenders rusting under paint.
I prob could have saved the black p5 but wasn't cost effective.
There isn't much going on where I am with mazda enthusiests. Overwhelmingly european.

I didn't end up getting the msrs. Tires were 215/40 and wife wouldbt really appreciate the ride. Also I need to buy corksport exhaust before they go disco. As much as I'd love her car to be clean and sexy, I have limited monies to spend on car stuff and need some limited items that cost a lot.

She is getting the p5 plastic body parts and my mazda 5 rims. When I get. Oils or a smokin deal on tein speings, she can have my sportlines for the drop

Last edited:
Ps. The cost of a flight and driving back is prob not worth it from eastern canada...

No it's worth it too me . Going through 5 protgs in 3 years is nothing to be proud of. All but 1 were completely rotted through. Of I could find 1 clean msp I can finished my project. I have so much crap lying around that was supposed to go on my cars 3 years ago. But rust has a way of screwing up that :/

Last edited:
id be happy to check out local proteges for you. will only cost you an mp3 wing and rear skirt ;)
I just got really lucky with what i found.

Some other small projects underway.

Tempted to buy an ebay obx exhaust. A little bit bigger for the turbo but not so much to make the neighboors call the cops.

Back